Child, 5, survives fall from 4th-floor window in Wilkinsburg
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012
A 5-year-old child appeared to have fallen four stories from a Wilkinsburg apartment window and survived Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The boy fell from an apartment building at Biddle Avenue and West Street around 2:10 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The boy, whose injuries appeared to be minor, was transported to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, in Lawrenceville.
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at Washington County mall
- Group of immigrants welcomed into U.S. citizenship at Soldiers & Sailors
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Allegheny County pursues $3M grant for sports complex at Montour Junction site
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- Link between Washington County bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Chlorine spill evacuates Wilkinsburg apartment building
- State commits annual $3.8M to Pittsburgh-Harrisburg Amtrak line
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.