Child, 5, survives fall from 4th-floor window in Wilkinsburg
A 5-year-old child appeared to have fallen four stories from a Wilkinsburg apartment window and survived Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The boy fell from an apartment building at Biddle Avenue and West Street around 2:10 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The boy, whose injuries appeared to be minor, was transported to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, in Lawrenceville.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial