Child, 5, survives fall from 4th-floor window in Wilkinsburg
A 5-year-old child appeared to have fallen four stories from a Wilkinsburg apartment window and survived Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The boy fell from an apartment building at Biddle Avenue and West Street around 2:10 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The boy, whose injuries appeared to be minor, was transported to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, in Lawrenceville.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Brady elated over lifted suspension; Steelers fans deflated
- Police arrest teenager in Hazelwood home invasion
- Pittsburgh pension investment earnings lag behind previous gains
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Penn Hills man sentenced to 12 ½ to 29 years of prison for voluntary manslaughter
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- 1 killed, another injured in early-morning Clairton shooting
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- Police: Suspect in death of Fineview toddler changed his statements
- Imagine Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship wins appeal to expand, accept more students