Child, 5, survives fall from 4th-floor window in Wilkinsburg
A 5-year-old child appeared to have fallen four stories from a Wilkinsburg apartment window and survived Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The boy fell from an apartment building at Biddle Avenue and West Street around 2:10 p.m., according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The boy, whose injuries appeared to be minor, was transported to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, in Lawrenceville.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Vigil honors 6 homeless who died in Pittsburgh in 2014
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Alliance aims to transform vacant parcel in St. Clair to include townhouses, urban farming
- Fatal fire under investigation in New Castle
- Pittsburgh’s Hill District revitalization project hits financial hurdle in TIF
- Garfield residents plan rally over Bottom Dollar site
- Carnegie skatepark set to close for the season
- Newsmaker: Jason Tarap
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking