3 hurt in crash on ramp to I-279
Three people were injured when their vehicle ran into a concrete barrier along a ramp to Interstate 279 in East Allegheny on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
One person suffered a broken arm, one had a broken leg, and the third had minor injuries in the crash, which occurred about 4:45 p.m. on the ramp from Madison Avenue to northbound I-279, according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The victims were taken to hospitals for treatment.
The accident was under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Man arrested in connection with string of Route 8 burglaries
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat