3 hurt in crash on ramp to I-279
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012
Three people were injured when their vehicle ran into a concrete barrier along a ramp to Interstate 279 in East Allegheny on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
One person suffered a broken arm, one had a broken leg, and the third had minor injuries in the crash, which occurred about 4:45 p.m. on the ramp from Madison Avenue to northbound I-279, according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The victims were taken to hospitals for treatment.
The accident was under investigation.
- Memorial Day weekend traffic expected to be slightly lighter than last year
- Corbett wants clarification on education standards
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
- Link between bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Competitors offer tips to Stanton Heights school startup
- Newsmaker: Tom G. Leech
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.