3 hurt in crash on ramp to I-279
Three people were injured when their vehicle ran into a concrete barrier along a ramp to Interstate 279 in East Allegheny on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
One person suffered a broken arm, one had a broken leg, and the third had minor injuries in the crash, which occurred about 4:45 p.m. on the ramp from Madison Avenue to northbound I-279, according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The victims were taken to hospitals for treatment.
The accident was under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Medical examiner identifies man in Pleasant Hills police standoff as Justin Hay
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- PennDOT says inbound Fort Pitt Tunnel will close around-the-clock this weekend
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Uber gains PUC approval to operate in most of Pa. for 2 years
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of setting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial
- New Turnpike Chairman Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at commission
- 2 arrested in Wilkinsburg shooting