Work to close lanes on two bridges
PennDOT contractors will check overhead signs on the Highland Park and Tarentum bridges on Monday, requiring short-term lane closures, officials said.
From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, weather permitting, crews from Mackin Engineering and Sofis Rigging Co. will start on the Tarentum Bridge in Tarentum, then move to the Highland Park Bridge.
Short-term lane closures and restrictions will occur as needed, and only one direction of travel will be restricted at a time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- North Side roadwork detailed
- North Hills Girl Scout volunteer sentenced for stealing from camp fund
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- Fired Plum officer won’t get job back
- Wolf’s education proposal gets mixed reviews
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses
- 10th DUI earns Uptown man 1st prison sentence
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally