Repairs will begin on McKnight Road bridge
Traffic on McKnight Road will be narrowed to a single lane in each direction starting on Monday in the area of the bridge over Ingomar Road in McCandless, PennDOT officials said.
If weather allows, McKnight Road traffic will be restricted to a single lane in each direction between Arcadia and Blazier drives from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays through Dec. 21.
Crews will be repairing joints on the bridge that carries McKnight Road over Ingomar Road. Drivers are asked to slow down and use caution.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitcairn police department to carry Narcan for heroin overdoses
- August Wilson Center event rentals thwarted by cooling system repairs
- Murals give youngsters chance to shine, memorialize Pittsburgh playwright
- Pittsburgh city vehicle repair delays elicit gripes about Cincinnati company
- Allegheny County police balk at plan for rangers to patrol parks
- Pittsburgh bishop throws cold water on ALS group, which uses embryonic stem cells
- Inbound Liberty Tunnel will reopen for morning rush
- 6 arrested after brief SWAT standoff in Fineview
- Law targeting sexual violence prompts campuses to review, publish policies
- Pittsburgh Parking Authority break set for holiday motorists
- Scientists hope tiny robotic bee’s big dreams take flight