Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prosecutors say Ferrante tested toxin on mice to gauge effect on human
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Peduto, Harris compromise on $1.6M for North Side community center
- Police arrest 8, cite more than 2 dozen after riots in Morgantown
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution