Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Woman sought in ‘friendly fire’ fatal shooting in Brighton Heights
- Pittsburgh police say officers in video did not use excessive force
- W.Va. natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Charges officially dropped against Ford, who is recovering from surgery
- U.S. Marshals fugitive task force arrests man wanted in McKeesport homicide
- Three arrested in armed robbery in Lawrenceville
- Newsmaker: Bill Gruber
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Developer wants to keep historic atom smasher in Forest Hills