Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man charged in Rite Aid robbery in Brighton Heights
- Pittsburgh police searching for man who robbed bank in Deutschtown
- Crews dodge ammunition fighting house fire in Penn Hills; motorist drives over, damages hose
- Pitt joins Giant Eagle, sets goal to put more disabled on payroll
- Kennywood Park opening day ends early because of disruptive crowd
- Duquesne man fatally struck by vehicle in McKeesport
- Missing girl found safe in her Pittsburgh Marshall-Shadeland neighborhood
- Pittsburgh Marathon runner remains in critical condition
- McKees Rocks couple charged with child endangerment in death of 3-month-old
- Candidates for Allegheny County controller say other person responsible
- Relentless winter exhausted PennDOT’s snow removal budget