Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Published: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 11:31 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 17, 2012
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Sentencing postponed in Pitt online threats case
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- CMU cyber security program earns federal recognition
- Congressmen: VA Pittsburgh ignored requests for Legionnaires’ records
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Small communication firms target system
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.