Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Dec. 16, 2012, 11:31 p.m.
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Landmark former school in Pittsburgh’s Hill District to incubate startups
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- Fitzgerald wants Allegheny County to issue $247M in bonds