Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities identify man killed in second Northview Heights shooting
- Port Authority T line service to detour in South Hills this weekend
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Liberty Tunnel set to close; other highway projects around Pittsburgh also to start
- Bus detours set for weekend East Busway construction
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners
- Feds admit cooperation remains obstacle with corporations, cyber threats
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Dairy Queen co-manager in fair condition from crash, hospital officials report
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border