Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Published: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 11:31 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 17, 2012
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Group of immigrants welcomed into U.S. citizenship at Soldiers & Sailors
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at area mall
- Allegheny County pursues $3M grant for sports complex at Montour Junction site
- Veterans find career success in franchising
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Chlorine spill evacuates Wilkinsburg apartment building
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.