Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Dec. 16, 2012, 11:31 p.m.
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man found shot twice, dead in Larimer
- Work on tournament-class dek hockey rink in Bloomfield to begin
- Officials ID Elizabeth Township man as West End train victim
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Newsmaker: Linda J. O’Neill
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across United States
- Orphanage shaped values of California judge, a Bishop Canevin graduate
- Woman charged in Schuylkill County stabbing death