Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millenials
- Revenue from special Pennsylvania Monuments license plates to help maintain monuments at Gettysburg
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Water main break in Hill District unlikely to affect nearby school
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting