Dems nominate former Lebo commissioner for House vacancy
Former Mt. Lebanon Commissioner Dan Miller will be the Democratic nominee for the state House seat formerly held by Matt Smith, who was elected earlier this year to the Pennsylvania Senate.
Miller, an assistant county solicitor and volunteer firefighter, was the sole Democrat to submit his name for consideration by Democratic Committee members from the 42nd District Sunday night in Mt. Lebanon.
The Republican party has not named its nominee, and the Speaker of the House has not yet set a date for the special election. The 42nd House District includes all or parts of Bethel Park, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Scott, Rosslyn Farms and Thornburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Children treated to gifts, peaceful holiday party at Lincoln-Lemington church
- Newsmaker: Patrick Juola
- Tree recycling offered at Allegheny County parks
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking
- Newsmaker: Cindy Marzock
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.