Pittsburgh man dies in Penn Hills shooting
A man was shot and killed Friday afternoon along Conestoga Road in Penn Hills.
Emmanuel Thompson, 18, of Pittsburgh, was shot shortly before 4:30 p.m. when he and another man went onto the porch or front door of a home.
Thompson, who appeared to have been shot in the side, stumbled onto the sidewalk and collapsed, officers said. He died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are trying to determine if the shots were fired from inside or outside the home. The other man was not wounded and was being questioned by detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Pittsburgh councilwoman proposes rules for protecting dogs from extreme weather
- Pa. Medicaid growth in tug of war between departing Governor Corbett, incoming Wolf
- Ambridge police chief went undercover in attempt to catch person who robbed 2 people at knifepoint
- Newsmaker: Irene H. Frieze
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation