Pittsburgh man dies in Penn Hills shooting
A man was shot and killed Friday afternoon along Conestoga Road in Penn Hills.
Emmanuel Thompson, 18, of Pittsburgh, was shot shortly before 4:30 p.m. when he and another man went onto the porch or front door of a home.
Thompson, who appeared to have been shot in the side, stumbled onto the sidewalk and collapsed, officers said. He died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are trying to determine if the shots were fired from inside or outside the home. The other man was not wounded and was being questioned by detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- University of Pittsburgh puts issue of Cosby’s honorary degree on agenda
- Pizza delivery driver assaulted in Hill District
- Upper St. Clair man escapes injury when car gets stuck on Fla. railroad tracks
- Another office building to sprout at Moon business park
- 3 charged in slaying of teenager in Knoxville
- Gallup to shift polling focus to issues, policies
- Rapper Wiz Khalifa cited for public urination in South Side
- Advocates begin countdown to start of Pittsburgh’s sick leave law
- Western Pennsylvania population growth, in ‘exurban’ areas, bucks national trends
- ‘Queen of Pittsburgh’ celebrated at Hillman remembrance
- Oil, sealant spills make messes on roadways in Hampton, Fineview