Pittsburgh man dies in Penn Hills shooting
A man was shot and killed Friday afternoon along Conestoga Road in Penn Hills.
Emmanuel Thompson, 18, of Pittsburgh, was shot shortly before 4:30 p.m. when he and another man went onto the porch or front door of a home.
Thompson, who appeared to have been shot in the side, stumbled onto the sidewalk and collapsed, officers said. He died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are trying to determine if the shots were fired from inside or outside the home. The other man was not wounded and was being questioned by detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Executive order tightens security to combat identity fraud
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation