Recreation facilities post holiday hours
The Schenley Park Skating Rink will be open on New Year's Day and offer four skating sessions.
The sessions will run from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., 4 to 6:30 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., with a final session for adults from 9:30 to 11:30 p.m. Tuesday. The rink will be open until 4 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
Two other Pittsburgh recreation facilities — the Oliver Bath House indoor swimming pool on 10th Street in the South Side and the indoor tennis courts at Mellon Park in Shadyside — will close at 4 p.m. Monday and remain closed on New Year's Day.
The city's 14 Healthy Active Living senior centers and 10 community recreation centers will close at 4 p.m. Monday and be closed on New Year's Day.
Regular hours for all the facilities will resume on Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Police seek help finding missing Squirrel Hill man
- U.S. Marshals task force arrests homicide suspect in Monroeville
- State lawmaker proposes changes to Penn State’s board of trustees
- $750,000 grant will help Allegheny County ‘Live Well,’ authorities say
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- Allgheny County charter school students give more than $11K to assist homeless children
- Allegheny County Council begins process to replace Barbara Daly Danko
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row