Recreation facilities post holiday hours
Published: Saturday, December 29, 2012, 10:05 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 31, 2012
The Schenley Park Skating Rink will be open on New Year's Day and offer four skating sessions.
The sessions will run from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., 4 to 6:30 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., with a final session for adults from 9:30 to 11:30 p.m. Tuesday. The rink will be open until 4 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
Two other Pittsburgh recreation facilities — the Oliver Bath House indoor swimming pool on 10th Street in the South Side and the indoor tennis courts at Mellon Park in Shadyside — will close at 4 p.m. Monday and remain closed on New Year's Day.
The city's 14 Healthy Active Living senior centers and 10 community recreation centers will close at 4 p.m. Monday and be closed on New Year's Day.
Regular hours for all the facilities will resume on Wednesday.
- Train to Harrisburg supported
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- Newsmaker: Andrew Steimer
- Vets: Remember reason behind holiday
- Pittsburgh panel to promote diversity in business
- Man shot in face in Greenfield
- Chlorine spill evacuates Wilkinsburg apartment building
- Food haulers targeted by police, ag inspectors
- Competitors offer tips to Stanton Heights school startup
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Link between Washington County bomb threats, bank heist probed
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.