Clerk pistol-whipped in holdup of Knoxville pizza shop
The clerk of a Knoxville pizza shop was taken to a hospital on Sunday night on being pistol-whipped in a robbery, authorities said.
Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said the robbery call came in about 8 p.m. from Aprimo Pizza in the 500 block of Brownsville Road.
The clerk, a 21-year-old woman, suffered a head injury.
A description of the suspect was not immediately available. Pittsburgh police K-9 units were in the area attempting to track the robber.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Bookings for August Wilson Center climb, but permanent board yet to be set
- Film shares tale of Pittsburgh man who turned disability into career
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei stokes interest in Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- Allegheny County Council aims to dig out of hole
- Court attire can have impact, public defenders say
- Count of Three Rivers Regatta visitors could top 500K despite race ban
- Carnegie man sought after hammer attack, police say
- Fatal crash under investigation in Baden
- Newsmaker: Lauren Bailey
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds