Clerk pistol-whipped in holdup of Knoxville pizza shop
The clerk of a Knoxville pizza shop was taken to a hospital on Sunday night on being pistol-whipped in a robbery, authorities said.
Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said the robbery call came in about 8 p.m. from Aprimo Pizza in the 500 block of Brownsville Road.
The clerk, a 21-year-old woman, suffered a head injury.
A description of the suspect was not immediately available. Pittsburgh police K-9 units were in the area attempting to track the robber.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DOJ program goal: Increased trust between law enforcement, community
- Allegheny Medical Examiner’s Office responds to Coraopolis train-pedestrian incident
- Analyst says Pa. senate race leans toward Toomey — because Democrats ‘loathe’ Sestak
- Millions to travel through Western Pa. during Memorial Day weekend
- Expert: Penn Hills loan could worsen stability
- VA report shows W.Pa. error rate down, but inspectors point out delays in re-evaluating cases cost $493K
- Police seize heroin, cash in North Versailles
- Grand jury investigating Plum sex scandal involving possibly 8 students
- 9 juveniles charged in connection with opening day disturbance at Kennywood
- Unique Oakland library seeks to expand reading opportunities for disabled
- Newsmaker: Andrew Giffin