Clerk pistol-whipped in holdup of Knoxville pizza shop
The clerk of a Knoxville pizza shop was taken to a hospital on Sunday night on being pistol-whipped in a robbery, authorities said.
Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said the robbery call came in about 8 p.m. from Aprimo Pizza in the 500 block of Brownsville Road.
The clerk, a 21-year-old woman, suffered a head injury.
A description of the suspect was not immediately available. Pittsburgh police K-9 units were in the area attempting to track the robber.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge denies request to lift gag order in Ford case
- Google grants teachers’ school supply wishes
- Police investigate armed robberies in Lawrenceville
- Bethel Park settled police officer’s suit for $25,000
- Diocese of Pittsburgh plans service in response to black mass
- 2 Oakland houses destroyed by fire; none hurt
- Newsmaker: Amanda Hartle
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Latest flu vaccines offer protection from 4 influenza strains instead of traditional 3
- Nonprofits replace humdrum charity 5Ks with rappelling
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge