Clerk pistol-whipped in holdup of Knoxville pizza shop
The clerk of a Knoxville pizza shop was taken to a hospital on Sunday night on being pistol-whipped in a robbery, authorities said.
Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said the robbery call came in about 8 p.m. from Aprimo Pizza in the 500 block of Brownsville Road.
The clerk, a 21-year-old woman, suffered a head injury.
A description of the suspect was not immediately available. Pittsburgh police K-9 units were in the area attempting to track the robber.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy
- Company claims Carnegie Mellon University defrauded it on Tartarstan venture
- ‘My baby is gone,’ father says after dog kills his toddler in West Mifflin
- Muslim group to host interfaith symposium
- Federal judge dismisses Monongahela mayor’s lawsuit against district judge, district attorney
- Pittsburgh councilwoman Rudiak announces bid for city controller
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features
- Grant to bolster ranks of Pittsburgh police
- Ice falling from Allegheny County Courthouse frightens passersby
- Southwest announces daily nonstop flight between Pittsburgh, Dallas Love Field
- PUC fines 8 transport companies, including 2 in Western Pennsylvania