Officials probe fire at Wilkinsburg apartment building
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office was investigating a basement fire in Wilkinsburg on Sunday night, officials said.
Tenants of an eight-unit apartment building in the 800 block of Ross Street reported seeing flames and smoke in the building's basement air ducts about 8:15 p.m., county dispatchers said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished what appeared to be smoldering insulation in the basement. The fire marshal's office was called to investigate its cause.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Mark Zacur Noteworthy: Mark Zacur …
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- FTC chief Brill calls on companies to protect privacy online
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire