Officials probe fire at Wilkinsburg apartment building
Published: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:42 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 31, 2012
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office was investigating a basement fire in Wilkinsburg on Sunday night, officials said.
Tenants of an eight-unit apartment building in the 800 block of Ross Street reported seeing flames and smoke in the building's basement air ducts about 8:15 p.m., county dispatchers said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished what appeared to be smoldering insulation in the basement. The fire marshal's office was called to investigate its cause.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Greenbriar Drive homeowners divided over alley maintenance
- Study: Traffic jams siphon $1B a year from region’s drivers
- VA wants no part of fines proposal
- Lancaster transplant patient’s battle isn’t over yet in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh VA had most Legionella in region among samples reviewed
- Written records carry risk of skimming, says accountant reviewing Pittsburgh city books
- Community center plans thrill Homewood
- Police still hunting slaying suspect
- Newsmaker: Dr. Lakshmanan Krishnamurti
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss