Officials probe fire at Wilkinsburg apartment building
The Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office was investigating a basement fire in Wilkinsburg on Sunday night, officials said.
Tenants of an eight-unit apartment building in the 800 block of Ross Street reported seeing flames and smoke in the building's basement air ducts about 8:15 p.m., county dispatchers said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished what appeared to be smoldering insulation in the basement. The fire marshal's office was called to investigate its cause.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3-alarm fire burns Hill District row homes
- New Monroeville Mall policy aims to tame teen shoppers
- Black Pittsburghers still challenged in education, workforce, housing
- Pittsburgh police chief: Officers, public must unite against violence
- Port Authority focusing on natural-gas bus fleet for proposed rapid transit line
- Email scam hooks Carnegie Mellon University employees
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy
- Officials investigating fatal Shaler house fire, working to identify body found in rubble
- Federal judge dismisses Monongahela mayor’s lawsuit against district judge, district attorney
- Woman sues Allegheny County, alleges sex harassment during prisoner transport
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features