Work to disrupt Freeport Road traffic near bridge
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, 11:42 p.m.
Short-term lane closures will start Wednesday on Freeport Road near the Hulton Bridge, PennDOT officials said.
Lanes will be closed as needed and when weather permits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 11.
Crews will be taking test borings along Freeport Road as part of the design process for a future replacement of the Hulton Bridge, the lavender-tinted two-lane trestle connecting Oakmont to Harmar across the Allegheny River.
Drivers are advised to slow and use caution in the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- Landmark former school in Pittsburgh’s Hill District to incubate startups
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- Pope Francis inspires incredible optimism
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- Newsmaker: Leah Pileggi