Work to disrupt Freeport Road traffic near bridge
Short-term lane closures will start Wednesday on Freeport Road near the Hulton Bridge, PennDOT officials said.
Lanes will be closed as needed and when weather permits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 11.
Crews will be taking test borings along Freeport Road as part of the design process for a future replacement of the Hulton Bridge, the lavender-tinted two-lane trestle connecting Oakmont to Harmar across the Allegheny River.
Drivers are advised to slow and use caution in the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Growth spurs expanded staff at Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Newsmaker: Daniel Eichinger
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead