Work to disrupt Freeport Road traffic near bridge
Short-term lane closures will start Wednesday on Freeport Road near the Hulton Bridge, PennDOT officials said.
Lanes will be closed as needed and when weather permits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 11.
Crews will be taking test borings along Freeport Road as part of the design process for a future replacement of the Hulton Bridge, the lavender-tinted two-lane trestle connecting Oakmont to Harmar across the Allegheny River.
Drivers are advised to slow and use caution in the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pitt, city officials inspecting student housing in Oakland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pa. Monuments license plates revenue to help maintain Gettysburg monuments
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks among world’s best
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike