Work to disrupt Freeport Road traffic near bridge
Published: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 11:42 p.m.
Updated: Monday, December 31, 2012
Short-term lane closures will start Wednesday on Freeport Road near the Hulton Bridge, PennDOT officials said.
Lanes will be closed as needed and when weather permits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 11.
Crews will be taking test borings along Freeport Road as part of the design process for a future replacement of the Hulton Bridge, the lavender-tinted two-lane trestle connecting Oakmont to Harmar across the Allegheny River.
Drivers are advised to slow and use caution in the area.
- Memorial Day weekend traffic expected to be slightly lighter than last year
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
- Link between bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Competitors offer tips to Stanton Heights school startup
- Newsmaker: Tom G. Leech
- Corbett wants clarification on education standards
- Newsmaker: Dr. R. Donald Hoffman
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.