Pittsburgh woman killed in one-car crash in North Side
Pittsburgh police are investigating a fatal crash in the North Side early Monday.
Sarah Temmel, 32, of Point Breeze, died about 1:10 a.m. at Allegheny General Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Temmel was driving inbound on Route 28 when she lost control and spun backward into a utility pole near East Ohio Street, police said. She was the only person in the vehicle, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- $4M floor project at Pittsburgh International Airport to replace drab gray, clickety-clack tile
- Vending business sold after pot-growing operation found in Lawrenceville
- Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple in Monroeville plans expansion
- Pittsburgh, Allegheny County completing 911 center merger
- Feds dispute ex-PA Cyber chief’s claims of illegal attorney-client recordings
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra makes ‘great strides’ financially, audit shows
- Officers involved in shootings relay physical, emotional toll of incidents
- Roman Catholics, evangelical Christians closer now than ever
- Murals give youngsters chance to shine, memorialize Pittsburgh playwright
- Icy water, donations to fight ALS flow with social media’s help
- Pittsburgh region’s immigration differs from rest of nation