Pittsburgh woman killed in one-car crash in North Side
Pittsburgh police are investigating a fatal crash in the North Side early Monday.
Sarah Temmel, 32, of Point Breeze, died about 1:10 a.m. at Allegheny General Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Temmel was driving inbound on Route 28 when she lost control and spun backward into a utility pole near East Ohio Street, police said. She was the only person in the vehicle, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- ‘Rock-a-thon Queen’ keeps on rockin’ for Vincentian fundraiser
- Police charge Allentown teen for beating, holding ex-girlfriend at gunpoint
- Child luring reported in Hazelwood
- Newsmaker: Susan M. Rademacher
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Journalist Burzynski found place in public relations, military
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing