Pittsburgh police look for paintball shooters
Pittsburgh police were searching for suspects in a drive-by shooting in Larimer on Sunday night, but luckily the ammunition was confined to paintballs.
Zone 5 Police said there were two paintball shooting reports on Sunday night: from a teenager who said he was shot at while he walked across the Larimer Avenue Bridge, and from another resident who said he was hit by paintballs in the area of Lyric Street.
Police located a van that matched the victims' description of the suspects' vehicle, but they had not located the suspects as of Sunday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Would-be Troy Hill carjackers scared off by sirens
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Diminishing number of pilots takes toll on small airports in Western Pa.
- Pa. spends millions on death penalty cases that rarely end in execution
- 17-year-old male killed, 15-year-old female shot in McKeesport
- Pittsburgh police officer hits pedestrian in East Liberty
- African-American Heritage Day Parade in Pittsburgh draws more than 40 groups
- Newsmaker: Bob Herbert
- Police: Man steals cash from tip jar at South Side restaurant
- Police urge caution after several Perry South break-ins
- Lawsuit claims Plum School District ignored racially-motivated assaults against black students