Pittsburgh police look for paintball shooters
Pittsburgh police were searching for suspects in a drive-by shooting in Larimer on Sunday night, but luckily the ammunition was confined to paintballs.
Zone 5 Police said there were two paintball shooting reports on Sunday night: from a teenager who said he was shot at while he walked across the Larimer Avenue Bridge, and from another resident who said he was hit by paintballs in the area of Lyric Street.
Police located a van that matched the victims' description of the suspects' vehicle, but they had not located the suspects as of Sunday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Snow removal crews from Pennsylvania hit the road to help Buffalo
- Port Authority of Allegheny County plans transit schedule changes
- Most heavy drinkers aren’t alcoholics, CDC determines, reversing long-held belief
- Allegheny County 911 call center opinions diverge
- Blackjacks off the table for Pittsburgh police
- Water main break leaves Millvale dry for several hours
- Owner of North Side drug den told to raze it or go to jail can instead find buyer
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- Portion of Parkway West will be closed for weekend work
- Slain FBI agent Dixon’s legacy lives on in Pittsburgh Field Office, 10K race fundraiser