Sharpsburg rec official removed in sex scandal
By Michael Hasch
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Sharpsburg council decided Tuesday night to remove Susan Sundo from her position as head of the borough's recreation board upon learning that she had been arrested earlier in the day on charges of having sex with a 15-year-old boy.
Sundo, 45, is charged with corruption of minors, statutory sexual assault and related crimes for what the teen told Allegheny County and borough police was a five-month relationship.
“I was shocked,” Mayor Richard Panza said. “The first we heard of it was (Tuesday night) when the chief told us in executive session. As soon as council came out of executive session, the first thing they did was remove her from the recreation committee.”
The teen told police that they had sex on at least a dozen occasions, including trysts in Sundo's sport utility vehicle and her home.
Sundo is being held in the Allegheny County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail to await a preliminary hearing scheduled Jan. 16. She was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Campaign makes push for organ donations
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- South Hills candidates for 42nd District seat want smaller House
- Just hold on, 911 officials say of busy signals, but frustrated callers want explanation
- ESU faculty warned of potential layoffs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.