Newsmaker: Nanci Goldberg
Education: Goldberg received a Bachelor of Arts in communications in 1988 from the University of Albany in Albany, N.Y. She earned a master's degree in public management from Carnegie Mellon University in 2002.
Occupation:Goldberg has been teaching art in the Fox Chapel Area School District since 1992. She teaches art at Dorseyville Middle School.
Noteworthy: Goldberg recently was the grand-prize winner of the “Best Shots” national digital photo contest sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association and Eye-Fi, which manufactures memory cards for wireless devices. More than 750 entries were submitted in four categories. Goldberg's photo of leaves in a small creek at Fall Run Park in Shaler won in the category of photos made on cellphones. Her photo was on exhibit this month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and she will receive a Canon camera and an Eye-Fi memory card.
Quote: “I entered the contest and actually forgot about it. And when I got the email informing me that I won, I thought it was spam. It was really a pleasant surprise.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 killed, 4 hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Police seek suspect who robbed Downtown McDonald’s on Tuesday
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides
- Plum officials reassess equipment policy after sexual assault case
- Allegheny County to increase restaurant penalties
- Pittsburgh settles former police trainee’s disability discrimination lawsuit
- Attorney General accuses Golden Living homes of failing to provide basic services to elderly
- Security cameras, more police planned at Monroeville Mall
- Duquesne man arrested again for Megan’s Law violations
- Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure up
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher