Newsmaker: Nanci Goldberg
Education: Goldberg received a Bachelor of Arts in communications in 1988 from the University of Albany in Albany, N.Y. She earned a master's degree in public management from Carnegie Mellon University in 2002.
Occupation: Goldberg has been teaching art in the Fox Chapel Area School District since 1992. She teaches art at Dorseyville Middle School.
Noteworthy: Goldberg recently was the grand-prize winner of the “Best Shots” national digital photo contest sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association and Eye-Fi, which manufactures memory cards for wireless devices. More than 750 entries were submitted in four categories. Goldberg's photo of leaves in a small creek at Fall Run Park in Shaler won in the category of photos made on cellphones. Her photo was on exhibit this month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and she will receive a Canon camera and an Eye-Fi memory card.
Quote: “I entered the contest and actually forgot about it. And when I got the email informing me that I won, I thought it was spam. It was really a pleasant surprise.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County may send Pittsburgh HR complaints
- Unidentified body found in Stowe
- Limited North Shore tailgating time yields success
- Tall ship makes return voyage to Presque Isle
- Man stabbed to death outside North Side grocery
- Newsmaker: Kara Petro Montgomery
- Surveillance cameras lead to arrest in Etna bank robbery
- Fire damages church’s roof in Pittsburgh’s Allentown section
- $1.5 million Allentown church fire started by roofers, officials say
- Public Utility Commission hearing arguments against Lyft
- Uber and Lyft say they’ll rely on PennDOT inspections for safety