Newsmaker: Nanci Goldberg
Education: Goldberg received a Bachelor of Arts in communications in 1988 from the University of Albany in Albany, N.Y. She earned a master's degree in public management from Carnegie Mellon University in 2002.
Occupation: Goldberg has been teaching art in the Fox Chapel Area School District since 1992. She teaches art at Dorseyville Middle School.
Noteworthy: Goldberg recently was the grand-prize winner of the “Best Shots” national digital photo contest sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association and Eye-Fi, which manufactures memory cards for wireless devices. More than 750 entries were submitted in four categories. Goldberg's photo of leaves in a small creek at Fall Run Park in Shaler won in the category of photos made on cellphones. Her photo was on exhibit this month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and she will receive a Canon camera and an Eye-Fi memory card.
Quote: “I entered the contest and actually forgot about it. And when I got the email informing me that I won, I thought it was spam. It was really a pleasant surprise.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- Castle Shannon mayor honored by statewide association
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust leads applicants seeking increase in RAD money
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Moon Area board reconfigures elementary buildings, votes again to close school and explore merging with Cornell
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group
- N.C. churches lend helping hands in Western Pa.
- Group applies for permit to dredge Mon near Baldwin for B-25 crash site