Newsmaker: Nanci Goldberg
Education: Goldberg received a Bachelor of Arts in communications in 1988 from the University of Albany in Albany, N.Y. She earned a master's degree in public management from Carnegie Mellon University in 2002.
Occupation: Goldberg has been teaching art in the Fox Chapel Area School District since 1992. She teaches art at Dorseyville Middle School.
Noteworthy: Goldberg recently was the grand-prize winner of the “Best Shots” national digital photo contest sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association and Eye-Fi, which manufactures memory cards for wireless devices. More than 750 entries were submitted in four categories. Goldberg's photo of leaves in a small creek at Fall Run Park in Shaler won in the category of photos made on cellphones. Her photo was on exhibit this month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and she will receive a Canon camera and an Eye-Fi memory card.
Quote: “I entered the contest and actually forgot about it. And when I got the email informing me that I won, I thought it was spam. It was really a pleasant surprise.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Review: Tortelier’s golden touch full of personality, grandeur
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer
- Public servants honored in Pittsburgh for extraordinary responses
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Film Office announces two Downtown road closures Monday