Newsmaker: Nicholas H. Andrews
Noteworthy: Andrews received the 2012 Penn State Beaver Outstanding Alumni Award, given for professional achievement, contributions to society and involvement with Penn State Beaver.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife, Bernice, 56; two sons, Scott, 25, and Dave, 28
Occupation: Andrews is president and owner of Andrews Industrial Controls Inc. in Carnegie, which serves the industrial automation marketplace.
Background: President-elect of Penn State Beaver's Advisory Board and established an annual scholarship for Beaver campus students; served as president of the Pittsburgh Section Instrument Society of America; member of the Penn State Smeal College of Business Presidents Club; serves on the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh's YMCA Camp T. Frank Soles.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business from Penn State University in 1977.
Quote: “I was pretty staggered and humbled when I heard about this. There's a lot of great alumni from the campus. There has been an impressive lineup of successful people that came from Penn State Beaver campus.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homewood welcomes nonprofit Animal Rescue League’s new shelter, clinic
- Newsmaker: Matthew Zupetic
- Warrant issued for North Side teen in Penn Hills shooting
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- 3 named to new Pittsburgh land bank group
- Lawyer for man accused of Homewood shooting says he acted in self-defense
- 3rd member of counterfeit credit card ring surrenders in Chicago
- Ferrante defense questions recordkeeping of lab that tested cyanide
- Slow-moving train hits car in Lawrenceville
- Ramps reopen from East Ohio and Heinz streets to northbound Route 28
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer