Newsmaker: Nicholas H. Andrews
Noteworthy: Andrews received the 2012 Penn State Beaver Outstanding Alumni Award, given for professional achievement, contributions to society and involvement with Penn State Beaver.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife, Bernice, 56; two sons, Scott, 25, and Dave, 28
Occupation: Andrews is president and owner of Andrews Industrial Controls Inc. in Carnegie, which serves the industrial automation marketplace.
Background: President-elect of Penn State Beaver's Advisory Board and established an annual scholarship for Beaver campus students; served as president of the Pittsburgh Section Instrument Society of America; member of the Penn State Smeal College of Business Presidents Club; serves on the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh's YMCA Camp T. Frank Soles.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business from Penn State University in 1977.
Quote: “I was pretty staggered and humbled when I heard about this. There's a lot of great alumni from the campus. There has been an impressive lineup of successful people that came from Penn State Beaver campus.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Children’s Hospital’s top doctor leaving for Washington University School of Medicine
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- Film shares tale of Pittsburgh man who turned disability into career
- 2 boys who received transplants progress to sunnier days
- Bookings for August Wilson Center climb, but permanent board yet to be set
- Count of Three Rivers Regatta visitors could top 500K despite race ban
- Allegheny County Council aims to dig out of hole
- Carnegie man sought after hammer attack, police say
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Homewood woman accused of card game stabbing