Newsmaker: Nicholas H. Andrews
Noteworthy: Andrews received the 2012 Penn State Beaver Outstanding Alumni Award, given for professional achievement, contributions to society and involvement with Penn State Beaver.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife, Bernice, 56; two sons, Scott, 25, and Dave, 28
Occupation: Andrews is president and owner of Andrews Industrial Controls Inc. in Carnegie, which serves the industrial automation marketplace.
Background: President-elect of Penn State Beaver's Advisory Board and established an annual scholarship for Beaver campus students; served as president of the Pittsburgh Section Instrument Society of America; member of the Penn State Smeal College of Business Presidents Club; serves on the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh's YMCA Camp T. Frank Soles.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business from Penn State University in 1977.
Quote: “I was pretty staggered and humbled when I heard about this. There's a lot of great alumni from the campus. There has been an impressive lineup of successful people that came from Penn State Beaver campus.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Saudi King Salman assured on Iran nuclear deal in U.S. trip
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of state fishing licenses
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Pittsburgh schools chief Lane stepping down next summer
- Belle Vernon woman visits ship like lander she helped build as WWII welder
- Construction to close roads in O’Hara, Baldwin Borough
- West Jefferson Hills schools close because of gun threat
- Gas cost, construction barrels coming down for Labor Day travelers
- Pittsburgh Zoo staff caring for African lion suffering from seizure condition
- Truck hits teen cyclist, goes over Brighton Heights hillside
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M