Newsmaker: Nicholas H. Andrews
Noteworthy: Andrews received the 2012 Penn State Beaver Outstanding Alumni Award, given for professional achievement, contributions to society and involvement with Penn State Beaver.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife, Bernice, 56; two sons, Scott, 25, and Dave, 28
Occupation: Andrews is president and owner of Andrews Industrial Controls Inc. in Carnegie, which serves the industrial automation marketplace.
Background: President-elect of Penn State Beaver's Advisory Board and established an annual scholarship for Beaver campus students; served as president of the Pittsburgh Section Instrument Society of America; member of the Penn State Smeal College of Business Presidents Club; serves on the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh's YMCA Camp T. Frank Soles.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business from Penn State University in 1977.
Quote: “I was pretty staggered and humbled when I heard about this. There's a lot of great alumni from the campus. There has been an impressive lineup of successful people that came from Penn State Beaver campus.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh City Council considering settlement of former police recruit’s lawsuit
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Social media tip-offs missed in melee outside Monroeville Mall, security specialist says
- Lincoln Place man accused of hitting Port Authority police officer with SUV bound to court
- Trib Total Media Outstanding Young Citizen Awards presents scholarship, 10 gold medals
- Pittsburgh pair plans rare trip to Iran for American classical musicians
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- Heroin overdoses kill two in Pittsburgh area; others revived with Narcan
- Tree giveaway kicks off Earth Week in Pittsburgh