Newsmaker: Nicholas H. Andrews
Noteworthy: Andrews received the 2012 Penn State Beaver Outstanding Alumni Award, given for professional achievement, contributions to society and involvement with Penn State Beaver.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife, Bernice, 56; two sons, Scott, 25, and Dave, 28
Occupation: Andrews is president and owner of Andrews Industrial Controls Inc. in Carnegie, which serves the industrial automation marketplace.
Background: President-elect of Penn State Beaver's Advisory Board and established an annual scholarship for Beaver campus students; served as president of the Pittsburgh Section Instrument Society of America; member of the Penn State Smeal College of Business Presidents Club; serves on the Board of Directors of Pittsburgh's YMCA Camp T. Frank Soles.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business from Penn State University in 1977.
Quote: “I was pretty staggered and humbled when I heard about this. There's a lot of great alumni from the campus. There has been an impressive lineup of successful people that came from Penn State Beaver campus.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rivals try to block Uber, Lyft in Pittsburgh
- UPMC workers’ compensation unit drops claim in Western Psych shooting
- Newsmaker: Dr. Lisa M. Cibik
- Memorial for Hill District legend a ‘fitting’ service
- Authorities identify man killed in second Northview Heights shooting
- Port Authority T line service to detour in South Hills this weekend
- Bus detours set for weekend East Busway construction
- Americans in N. Korea beg U.S. for help as trials on vague charges draw near
- Pitt’s new chancellor Gallagher to continue broad role at school
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Oakland eatery Fuel & Fuddle to reopen under new owners