Newsmaker: Tracey Cox
Noteworthy: The Allegheny County Airport Authority this month honored Cox with an Employee Excellence Award.
Occupation: Cox has been a maintenance support assistant in the authority's airline services department for seven years.
Background: Cox helps respond to airline maintenance issues at Pittsburgh International Airport while also handling many administrative duties for the 80-employee department, including timekeeping, preparing work orders and serving as training coordinator. Prior to working for the airport authority, she was a Pittsburgh-based employee for American Airlines for almost 20 years, serving as an assistant to the local operation's general manager.
Education: Cox graduated from Quigley Catholic High School in Baden and received a certificate in secretarial science from the Bradford School in Pittsburgh.
Quote: “When I'm coming in each day, my head is buzzing with a zillion things. So I make a plan that has about 20 lists, and I try to get everything done. Of course, other business comes up and that dictates the course of the day.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ferrante defense questions recordkeeping of lab that tested cyanide
- Ferrante murder trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Movie studio owner building in McKees Rocks is $540K in red
- Western Pennsylvania gets $16.6M from PennDOT for transportation projects
- Pittsburgh still lags in accounting system for off-duty officers
- Newsmaker: Anya Lernatovych
- Experts: No quick fix for overdose epidemic
- Corbett names Penn Hills businessman to state financing authority
- Shift of money from North Side community center to development study approved by Pittsburgh City Council