Newsmaker: Tracey Cox
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Noteworthy: The Allegheny County Airport Authority this month honored Cox with an Employee Excellence Award.
Occupation: Cox has been a maintenance support assistant in the authority's airline services department for seven years.
Background: Cox helps respond to airline maintenance issues at Pittsburgh International Airport while also handling many administrative duties for the 80-employee department, including timekeeping, preparing work orders and serving as training coordinator. Prior to working for the airport authority, she was a Pittsburgh-based employee for American Airlines for almost 20 years, serving as an assistant to the local operation's general manager.
Education: Cox graduated from Quigley Catholic High School in Baden and received a certificate in secretarial science from the Bradford School in Pittsburgh.
Quote: “When I'm coming in each day, my head is buzzing with a zillion things. So I make a plan that has about 20 lists, and I try to get everything done. Of course, other business comes up and that dictates the course of the day.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Landmark former school in Pittsburgh’s Hill District to incubate startups
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal N.H. crash
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- Change in kidney allocation rules should help patients
- Newsmaker: Leah Pileggi