Newsmaker: Tracey Cox
Noteworthy: The Allegheny County Airport Authority this month honored Cox with an Employee Excellence Award.
Occupation: Cox has been a maintenance support assistant in the authority's airline services department for seven years.
Background: Cox helps respond to airline maintenance issues at Pittsburgh International Airport while also handling many administrative duties for the 80-employee department, including timekeeping, preparing work orders and serving as training coordinator. Prior to working for the airport authority, she was a Pittsburgh-based employee for American Airlines for almost 20 years, serving as an assistant to the local operation's general manager.
Education: Cox graduated from Quigley Catholic High School in Baden and received a certificate in secretarial science from the Bradford School in Pittsburgh.
Quote: “When I'm coming in each day, my head is buzzing with a zillion things. So I make a plan that has about 20 lists, and I try to get everything done. Of course, other business comes up and that dictates the course of the day.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at