Newsmaker: Tracey Cox
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 19, 2013
Noteworthy: The Allegheny County Airport Authority this month honored Cox with an Employee Excellence Award.
Occupation: Cox has been a maintenance support assistant in the authority's airline services department for seven years.
Background: Cox helps respond to airline maintenance issues at Pittsburgh International Airport while also handling many administrative duties for the 80-employee department, including timekeeping, preparing work orders and serving as training coordinator. Prior to working for the airport authority, she was a Pittsburgh-based employee for American Airlines for almost 20 years, serving as an assistant to the local operation's general manager.
Education: Cox graduated from Quigley Catholic High School in Baden and received a certificate in secretarial science from the Bradford School in Pittsburgh.
Quote: “When I'm coming in each day, my head is buzzing with a zillion things. So I make a plan that has about 20 lists, and I try to get everything done. Of course, other business comes up and that dictates the course of the day.”
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Campaign makes push for organ donations
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- ESU faculty warned of potential layoffs
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Newsmaker: Heather Kaczorowski
- Monroeville family celebrates daughter’s enduring spirit of generosity
- Appeals court hears Indiana County power plant case
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.