Newsmaker: Tracey Cox
Noteworthy: The Allegheny County Airport Authority this month honored Cox with an Employee Excellence Award.
Occupation: Cox has been a maintenance support assistant in the authority's airline services department for seven years.
Background: Cox helps respond to airline maintenance issues at Pittsburgh International Airport while also handling many administrative duties for the 80-employee department, including timekeeping, preparing work orders and serving as training coordinator. Prior to working for the airport authority, she was a Pittsburgh-based employee for American Airlines for almost 20 years, serving as an assistant to the local operation's general manager.
Education: Cox graduated from Quigley Catholic High School in Baden and received a certificate in secretarial science from the Bradford School in Pittsburgh.
Quote: “When I'm coming in each day, my head is buzzing with a zillion things. So I make a plan that has about 20 lists, and I try to get everything done. Of course, other business comes up and that dictates the course of the day.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Million-dollar charitable effort aims to help Homewood kids
- Comcast covers Western Pa. with volunteers
- Newsmaker: Alessandro Acquisti
- Western Pa. experts say nonprofit mergers take work
- Hearing set for Homewood man accused of killing Lawrenceville resident
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets
- Marshall-Shadeland man gets prison term for weapons charge
- 2 Georgia men charged in Pittsburgh jury duty scam