Repairs planned on McKnight Road bridge
Work to repair joints on the bridge carrying McKnight Road over Ingomar Road will continue this week and the next in McCandless, PennDOT officials said.
Single-lane traffic on McKnight Road between Arcadia and Blazier drives will occur as needed and as weather allows from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays through Jan. 25. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
Drivers are advised to slow down and use caution in the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- First overnight closure of the Parkway West begins Thursday
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Peduto hails proposal for federal money to boost education for preschoolers
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Hotel still a possibility for August Wilson Center
- $5M Penn Avenue reconstruction project is ‘killing everything’
- Newsmaker: David Spigelmyer
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime