Newsmaker: Michael E. McHenry
Michael E. McHenry
Noteworthy: Awarded Distinguished Lecture Status by IEEE Magnetics Society, he will tour the world this year, giving more than 30 talks.
Family: Single. Children, Meghan Cole, 28, and Michael, 24.
Occupation: Carnegie Mellon University professor in materials science and engineering.
Education: Bachelor's degree in metallurgical engineering and materials science, Case Western Reserve, 1980; Ph.D. in materials science and engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1988. Post-doctoral fellow at Los Alamos Lab from 1988 to 1989.
Quote: “It is a wonderful opportunity to see all these places, to talk with people in my field and to talk about my research all over the world.”
— Andrew Conte
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Judge expected to sign sale order for August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Newsmaker: Susana J. Munro
- Etna struggles with high commercial vacancy rates
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’