Newsmaker: Michael E. McHenry
Michael E. McHenry
Noteworthy: Awarded Distinguished Lecture Status by IEEE Magnetics Society, he will tour the world this year, giving more than 30 talks.
Family: Single. Children, Meghan Cole, 28, and Michael, 24.
Occupation: Carnegie Mellon University professor in materials science and engineering.
Education: Bachelor's degree in metallurgical engineering and materials science, Case Western Reserve, 1980; Ph.D. in materials science and engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1988. Post-doctoral fellow at Los Alamos Lab from 1988 to 1989.
Quote: “It is a wonderful opportunity to see all these places, to talk with people in my field and to talk about my research all over the world.”
— Andrew Conte
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Body found on North Side
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Burgess’ rivals for Pittsburgh council nomination owe money to government
- Million-dollar charitable effort aims to help Homewood kids
- House floating along rivers will be new South Side Marina office
- North Allegheny OKs $20.5 million in contracts for renovations
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim
- Social media tip-offs missed in melee outside Monroeville Mall, security specialist says