Newsmaker: Dr. Fernando Hayetian
By Alex Nixon
Published: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 26, 2013
Noteworthy: Hayetian was named to the Fellows of the American College of Surgeons during convocation ceremonies at the college's annual Clinical Congress in Chicago last month.
Residence: New Castle
Family: Married, with a daughter, 4
Occupation: General surgeon at Jameson Health System in New Castle.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1996.
Background: Hayetian, who was born and raised in Argentina, came to Pittsburgh in 2001 to pursue research in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive, surgery and a general surgery residency at West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield. After completing the residency, Hayetian joined Jameson in 2009, where he practices general surgery with an interest in laparoscopic procedures.
Quote: “Being a fellow is really an honor,” Hayetian said. “It gives my patients the extra confidence that I'm following the best standards of care.”
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Group of immigrants welcomed into U.S. citizenship at Soldiers & Sailors
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at area mall
- Allegheny County pursues $3M grant for sports complex at Montour Junction site
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- Veterans find career success in franchising
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.