Newsmaker: Dr. Fernando Hayetian
Noteworthy: Hayetian was named to the Fellows of the American College of Surgeons during convocation ceremonies at the college's annual Clinical Congress in Chicago last month.
Residence: New Castle
Family: Married, with a daughter, 4
Occupation: General surgeon at Jameson Health System in New Castle.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1996.
Background: Hayetian, who was born and raised in Argentina, came to Pittsburgh in 2001 to pursue research in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive, surgery and a general surgery residency at West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield. After completing the residency, Hayetian joined Jameson in 2009, where he practices general surgery with an interest in laparoscopic procedures.
Quote: “Being a fellow is really an honor,” Hayetian said. “It gives my patients the extra confidence that I'm following the best standards of care.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3-alarm fire burns Hill District row homes
- New Monroeville Mall policy aims to tame teen shoppers
- Black Pittsburghers still challenged in education, workforce, housing
- Pittsburgh police chief: Officers, public must unite against violence
- Port Authority focusing on natural-gas bus fleet for proposed rapid transit line
- Email scam hooks Carnegie Mellon University employees
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy
- Officials investigating fatal Shaler house fire, working to identify body found in rubble
- Federal judge dismisses Monongahela mayor’s lawsuit against district judge, district attorney
- Woman sues Allegheny County, alleges sex harassment during prisoner transport
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features