Newsmaker: Dr. Fernando Hayetian
Noteworthy: Hayetian was named to the Fellows of the American College of Surgeons during convocation ceremonies at the college's annual Clinical Congress in Chicago last month.
Residence: New Castle
Family: Married, with a daughter, 4
Occupation: General surgeon at Jameson Health System in New Castle.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1996.
Background: Hayetian, who was born and raised in Argentina, came to Pittsburgh in 2001 to pursue research in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive, surgery and a general surgery residency at West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield. After completing the residency, Hayetian joined Jameson in 2009, where he practices general surgery with an interest in laparoscopic procedures.
Quote: “Being a fellow is really an honor,” Hayetian said. “It gives my patients the extra confidence that I'm following the best standards of care.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Fitzgerald nominates mining industry businessman for Finance and Development Commission
- New Turnpike Chairman Sean Logan institutes Wolf’s gift ban at commission
- FTC chief Brill calls on companies to protect privacy online
- Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust to host humanities festival
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Propel Braddock Hills High School to install metal detectors, superintendent says
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole
- Veterans Affairs settles another Pittsburgh-area Legionnaire’s lawsuit