Newsmaker: Dr. Fernando Hayetian
Noteworthy: Hayetian was named to the Fellows of the American College of Surgeons during convocation ceremonies at the college's annual Clinical Congress in Chicago last month.
Residence: New Castle
Family: Married, with a daughter, 4
Occupation: General surgeon at Jameson Health System in New Castle.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1996.
Background: Hayetian, who was born and raised in Argentina, came to Pittsburgh in 2001 to pursue research in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive, surgery and a general surgery residency at West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield. After completing the residency, Hayetian joined Jameson in 2009, where he practices general surgery with an interest in laparoscopic procedures.
Quote: “Being a fellow is really an honor,” Hayetian said. “It gives my patients the extra confidence that I'm following the best standards of care.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Judge expected to sign sale order for August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Newsmaker: Susana J. Munro
- Etna struggles with high commercial vacancy rates
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’