Newsmaker: Dr. Fernando Hayetian
Noteworthy: Hayetian was named to the Fellows of the American College of Surgeons during convocation ceremonies at the college's annual Clinical Congress in Chicago last month.
Residence: New Castle
Family: Married, with a daughter, 4
Occupation: General surgeon at Jameson Health System in New Castle.
Education: Medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1996.
Background: Hayetian, who was born and raised in Argentina, came to Pittsburgh in 2001 to pursue research in laparoscopic, or minimally invasive, surgery and a general surgery residency at West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield. After completing the residency, Hayetian joined Jameson in 2009, where he practices general surgery with an interest in laparoscopic procedures.
Quote: “Being a fellow is really an honor,” Hayetian said. “It gives my patients the extra confidence that I'm following the best standards of care.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- PennDOT to begin changing Glenbury Street Friday, part of Route 51/ 88 intersection rehab
- Inspections will force Liberty Bridge lane closures on Friday
- Pittsburgh student jailed after striking school police officer
- Portion of Baum Boulevard closed after bricks fall from building
- Pittsburgh Holocaust Center finally finds permanent home
- Body found on Clairton Boulevard in Pleasant Hills
- Medics treat man who was shot in shoulder in Homewood
- Pennsylvania constables need oversight to reduce problems, officials say