Newsmaker: Heath S. Gamaché
By Jason Cato
Published: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 2, 2013
Noteworthy: The National Science Teachers Association selected Gamaché, of the North Allegheny School District, to serve as a fellow in the 2012-13 New Science Teacher Academy. Only 244 science teachers from across the nation were chosen.
Family: Wife Jessica Ann Gamaché and infant daughter Skye Ann.
Occupation: Science teacher at Ingomar Middle School.
Background: Gamaché has taught seventh-grade life science and reading in North Allegheny since 2008. He coordinates the Green Team environmental club and the school garden program, serves Ingomar as building liaison to the science department, as well as on the professional issues committee, PRIDE anti-bullying committee and district advisory team. He previously co-owned and operated Blackberry Meadows Farm, the largest certified organic CSA farm in Allegheny County, and co-managed Urban Homesteaders, a sustainable design and consulting firm.
Education: Bachelor's degree in corporate communication, Ithaca College; master's degree in sustainable systems, Slippery Rock University; state teaching certification, Carlow University.
Quote: “This is an amazing opportunity to grow as a science educator. I am really fortunate to have this chance to connect with other science education professionals from across the nation.”
- Newsmaker: Dr. R. Donald Hoffman
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
- Memorial Day weekend traffic expected to be slightly lighter than last year
- Link between bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Competitors offer tips to Stanton Heights school startup
- Newsmaker: Tom G. Leech
- Corbett wants clarification on education standards
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.