911th Airlift Wing welcomes reservists home
By Tom Fontaine
Published: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, January 18, 2013
Three dozen members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon returned home Thursday night after completing a four-month deployment in Southwest Asia.
Another 46 reservists from the base are expected home by week's end, the 911th said.
The 911th said those deployed compiled more than 2,000 hours of flight time in 800 sorties that moved more than 6,000 passengers, 300 medical patients and 3,000 tons of cargo in C-130 planes. More than 50 members from the base remain deployed overseas.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Group of immigrants welcomed into U.S. citizenship at Soldiers & Sailors
- Veterans find career success in franchising
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at area mall
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Allegheny County pursues $3M grant for sports complex at Montour Junction site
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- State commits annual $3.8M to Pittsburgh-Harrisburg Amtrak line
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.