911th Airlift Wing welcomes reservists home
Three dozen members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon returned home Thursday night after completing a four-month deployment in Southwest Asia.
Another 46 reservists from the base are expected home by week's end, the 911th said.
The 911th said those deployed compiled more than 2,000 hours of flight time in 800 sorties that moved more than 6,000 passengers, 300 medical patients and 3,000 tons of cargo in C-130 planes. More than 50 members from the base remain deployed overseas.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- U.S. Marshals task force arrests homicide suspect in Monroeville
- Police seek help finding missing Squirrel Hill man
- $750K earmarked to help Allegheny County ‘Live Well’
- State lawmaker proposes changes to Penn State’s board of trustees
- Penn Hills votes to sell, lease vacant school space
- Allgheny County charter school students give more than $11K to assist homeless children
- Land eyed for trail connectors to expand Harrison Hills Park
- Lawsuit filed against PWSA for inaccurate billing from radio-controlled meter readers
- Witnesses recall scene of crash in Lincoln Place homicide by vehicle trial
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto returning from manufacturing trade mission to Cuba