911th Airlift Wing welcomes reservists home
Three dozen members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon returned home Thursday night after completing a four-month deployment in Southwest Asia.
Another 46 reservists from the base are expected home by week's end, the 911th said.
The 911th said those deployed compiled more than 2,000 hours of flight time in 800 sorties that moved more than 6,000 passengers, 300 medical patients and 3,000 tons of cargo in C-130 planes. More than 50 members from the base remain deployed overseas.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney n’at
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Prosecutor in Ferrante cyanide trial attacked; partner charged with assault
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Pittsburgh VA director gets more time to appeal firing recommendation
- Judge expected to sign sale order for August Wilson Center for African American Culture
- Newsmaker: Chuck Bogosta
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park