911th Airlift Wing welcomes reservists home
Three dozen members of the Air Force Reserve's 911th Airlift Wing in Moon returned home Thursday night after completing a four-month deployment in Southwest Asia.
Another 46 reservists from the base are expected home by week's end, the 911th said.
The 911th said those deployed compiled more than 2,000 hours of flight time in 800 sorties that moved more than 6,000 passengers, 300 medical patients and 3,000 tons of cargo in C-130 planes. More than 50 members from the base remain deployed overseas.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- New CEO eager to revitalize Pittsburgh International Airport
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M