Several government offices closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Federal, state and county government offices are closed on Monday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
State liquor stores and post offices will also be closed, along with courts. Area banks and most school districts are closed.
PennDOT driver license and photo centers will be closed. Customers can obtain driver and vehicle products and services online at www.dmv.state.pa.us.
Garbage collection in Pittsburgh and a number of other communities will be delayed a day.
Area banks and most school districts are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Woman crashes car at Pittsburgh federal building after high-speed chase
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Thief’s attorney blames Rivers Casino; judge isn’t swayed
- Judge adds 2 years to sentence of Baldwin Borough man acquitted of murder
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges
- W.Va. authorities charge 87 with drug trafficking
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor
- Projects advance through Pittsburgh planning commission despite opposition
- Man shot several times in Allentown neighborhood
- 2 firefighters injured in Millvale house fire
- $1B rapid bridge replacement across Pa. aims for savings, safety