Work planned on Liberty Tunnel inbound
The inbound side of the Liberty Tunnels will be reduced to a single lane of traffic Tuesday night, weather permitting, PennDOT officials said.
Maintenance work will close one lane from 8 p.m. to midnight Tuesday, officials said. One lane will remain open at all times.
Motorists are advised to use caution, allow extra time and expect changing traffic patterns in the tunnel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police say ‘person of interest’ in Andre Gray shooting has not been charged
- Jury acquits man accused of 2005 murder in Braddock
- Judge dismisses group’s lawsuit against Neville Island coke plant
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Edgeworth man pleads guilty in bank fraud conspiracy
- Washington County school superintendent charged with DUI gets probation
- Outbound lanes of Fort Pitt Tunnel close Friday for the weekend
- Lawrence County father, son charged with running illegal video gambling machines
- North Fayette company changes defendants in Antonio Brown endorsement lawsuit
- Homewood man on run since December found hiding at girlfriend’s apartment
- Roberto Clemente Bridge closes for construction of bike lanes