Work planned on Liberty Tunnel inbound
The inbound side of the Liberty Tunnels will be reduced to a single lane of traffic Tuesday night, weather permitting, PennDOT officials said.
Maintenance work will close one lane from 8 p.m. to midnight Tuesday, officials said. One lane will remain open at all times.
Motorists are advised to use caution, allow extra time and expect changing traffic patterns in the tunnel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- 10th DUI earns Uptown man 1st prison sentence
- Fired Plum officer won’t get job back
- Lawrenceville man charged with rape, child pornography and 27 other sexual offenses
- Wolf’s education proposal gets mixed reviews
- Bangladeshis to speak at Pitt in program against sweatshops
- McCandless mortgage broker company president charged with bank fraud conspiracy
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Newsmaker: Lori E. McMaster
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona