Bridge inspections to cause traffic shift near Carnegie
Traffic on the bridge carrying Rosslyn Road over the Parkway West and the overpass from Carnegie to the westbound Parkway will be shifted to accommodate bridge inspections Monday and Friday this week, PennDOT officials said.
Traffic on each overpass will be shifted away from the work areas from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. No restrictions will occur on the Parkway itself.
Crews from HDR Engineering and the Sofis Rigging Company will be conducting the routine inspections.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Garfield business reaches out to raise $90K for fixes
- Million-dollar charitable effort aims to help Homewood kids
- Newsmaker: Alessandro Acquisti
- Comcast covers Western Pa. with volunteers
- Western Pa. experts say nonprofit mergers take work
- Pittsburgh pair plans rare trip to Iran for American classical musicians
- North Allegheny OKs $20.5 million in contracts for renovations
- Hearing set for Homewood man accused of killing Lawrenceville resident
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim