Planned Parenthood starts fundraising drive in Western Pennsylvania
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania on Tuesday kicks off a drive to raise $1.4 million by the end of the year.
Its “Committed to Care” campaign marks the 40th anniversary of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade, legalizing abortion. The money will help ensure the chapter's fiscal health and ability to provide health care and reproductive choice to anyone who needs it.
The chapter is hosting a happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Birmingham Bridge Tavern, 2901 Sarah St., with a $5 suggested donation at the door.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Christmas in Western Pa. predicted to be ‘slightly white’
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Children treated to gifts, peaceful holiday party at Lincoln-Lemington church
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- Newsmaker: Patrick Juola
- Pittsburgh adjusting to new bicycle lane, ‘stop boxes’
- Brashear High ‘little libraries’ program rolls out
- Tree recycling offered at Allegheny County parks
- Environmental teachers glean new ideas from networking
- Pittsburgh fraud case, Uganda-based counterfeiting racket linked
- Motivation in slaying of Penn Hills couple remains unclear