Planned Parenthood starts fundraising drive in Western Pennsylvania
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania on Tuesday kicks off a drive to raise $1.4 million by the end of the year.
Its “Committed to Care” campaign marks the 40th anniversary of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade, legalizing abortion. The money will help ensure the chapter's fiscal health and ability to provide health care and reproductive choice to anyone who needs it.
The chapter is hosting a happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Birmingham Bridge Tavern, 2901 Sarah St., with a $5 suggested donation at the door.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKees Rocks teen set for preliminary hearing on homicide, weapons charges
- Carrick residents, businesses join police for ‘Virtual Block Watch’
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Mexico native sentenced to 10 years in prison for supplying cocaine to Pittsburgh-area dealers
- Derry boy recovering at home after high-profile intestinal transplant
- SWAT standoff on Pittsburgh’s North Side ends peacefully
- Reporter seeks male students headed to Chatham
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- Woman crashes car at Pittsburgh federal building after high-speed chase
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor
- Fugitive arrested at Plum motel on drug, gun charges