Planned Parenthood starts fundraising drive in Western Pennsylvania
Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania on Tuesday kicks off a drive to raise $1.4 million by the end of the year.
Its “Committed to Care” campaign marks the 40th anniversary of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision, Roe v. Wade, legalizing abortion. The money will help ensure the chapter's fiscal health and ability to provide health care and reproductive choice to anyone who needs it.
The chapter is hosting a happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Birmingham Bridge Tavern, 2901 Sarah St., with a $5 suggested donation at the door.
- Prosecutor brings compassion, passion to role as deputy AG
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Newsmaker: Dr. Donald Hoffman
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Congressional leaders unswayed by VA promises
- Allegheny County medical examiner: ‘All options open’ in UPMC doctor’s cyanide death
- Monroeville family celebrates daughter’s enduring spirit of generosity
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Organ recipients thank donor families
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.