Inspections to cause lane closures on Parkway West
Bridge and overpass inspections along the Parkway West will cause lane closures and changing traffic patterns in several spots this week, PennDOT said.
The changes will occur on the overpasses or roadways under the Parkway West, but not on the highway itself. Work will occur in the following locations and timeframes:
• Monday: Poplar Street between Fleet Street and Rhodes Avenue in Green Tree, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday: Greentree Road between Roseberry Way and Mansfield Avenue in Green Tree, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.,
• Wednesday and Thursday: • Banksville Road (Route 19) in the area of the Parkway West interchange, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
PennDOT said restrictions will be coordinated to minimize impacts on commuters. Crews from HDR Engineering and the Sofis Company will conduct the work.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Movie studio owner building in McKees Rocks is $540K in red
- Ferrante murder trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Moon Area School District considers installing solar panels for electricity
- Pittsburgh still lags in accounting system for off-duty officers
- Boyce Road water main breaks for 3rd time in 3 days
- Ferrante defense questions recordkeeping of lab that tested cyanide
- North Side residents work on raising $5,000 to replace gardener’s truck
- Murky finances lost in grant process for film studio in McKees Rocks
- Ferrante suicide letter says he did not kill wife
- Pittsburgh forum on bullying urges vigilance
- Police charge 18-year-old Penn Hills man in East Liberty shooting