WPXI-TV installs new translator to improve view access
WPXI-TV's new translator in New Castle will improve some viewers' access to the station's TV signal, the station announced Wednesday.
The translator will give viewers in Big Beaver, East Palestine, Ellwood City, New Wilmington, Slippery Rock and surrounding areas better access to WPXI's signal on digital TVs or with digital-to-analog converter boxes, according to WPXI, which is part of Atlanta-based Cox Media Group Inc.
The signal is broadcast on digital Channel 33, which should appear as 11.1 on TVs. Memorable Entertainment Television, or Me-TV, should appear as 11.2.
To receive the signal, viewers should rescan their converter boxes and digital TVs. Those with cable, fiber or satellite service will not be affected.
For more information, call WPXI's technical hotline at 412-918-8181.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon High School to sell its planetarium equipment
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Homestead struggles to pick up pieces left by devastating fire
- Tribune-Review photojournalist Goldband wins 1st place in national competition
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- Man arrested in massive Homestead fire
- Commander: City police working to improve accountability
- Flood victims’ family to receive $1.5M in damages
- Bethel Park boy named honorary police officer dies