WPXI-TV installs new translator to improve view access
WPXI-TV's new translator in New Castle will improve some viewers' access to the station's TV signal, the station announced Wednesday.
The translator will give viewers in Big Beaver, East Palestine, Ellwood City, New Wilmington, Slippery Rock and surrounding areas better access to WPXI's signal on digital TVs or with digital-to-analog converter boxes, according to WPXI, which is part of Atlanta-based Cox Media Group Inc.
The signal is broadcast on digital Channel 33, which should appear as 11.1 on TVs. Memorable Entertainment Television, or Me-TV, should appear as 11.2.
To receive the signal, viewers should rescan their converter boxes and digital TVs. Those with cable, fiber or satellite service will not be affected.
For more information, call WPXI's technical hotline at 412-918-8181.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- Moon Area board again votes to close school, reconfigure elementary buildings, explore merging with Cornell
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust leads applicants seeking increase in Regional Asset District money
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group
- Newsmaker: Mary Jo Dively
- Allegheny Health Network offers glimpse of Pine ‘medical mall’
- Board to examine use of sanitary authority vehicles