Port Authority Board Members
Port Authority of Allegheny County board members and officers as of Friday following the board's annual meeting.
Occupation: Attorney, managing partner at Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis
Noteworthy: Voted to fire former CEP Steve Bland. Former solicitor at county's Airport Authority, he remains special counsel handling legal issues related to possible gas drilling at airport.
Post: Vice chairman
Occupation: Assistant vice president of construction services, Michael Baker Jr. Inc.
Noteworthy: Voted to fire Bland. Former director of Allegheny County Public Works.
Occupation: Principal at JT Consulting Services, which advises groups on disability policies and training programs.
Noteworthy: Voted to fire Bland. Has muscular dystrophy and uses wheelchair.
Occupation: Community relations coordinator for PennDOT's District 11, including Allegheny County.
Noteworthy: Voted to fire Bland. President of NAACP's Pittsburgh branch.
John A. Brooks
Occupation: Retired CEO of Greater Pittsburgh Regional Council of Carpenters.
Noteworthy: Opposed firing Bland, though didn't vote Friday. Former chairman and board's longest-serving member, appointed in 1996.
Occupation: Executive Director of Oakland Transportation Management Association.
Noteworthy: Voted against firing Bland. On board of Oakland Planning and Development Corp.
Amanda Green Hawkins
Occupation: Director of Civil and Human Rights, assistant general counsel for United Steelworkers .
Noteworthy: Voted against firing Bland. Sits on Allegheny County Council.
Eddie Edwards Jr.
Occupation: Attorney at Dinsmore & Stohl.
Noteworthy: Voted against firing Bland. Has been agent for pro athletes.
Joseph G. Brimmeier
Occupation: Former CEO of Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Noteworthy: Voted to fire Bland. Former chief of staff to former U.S. Rep. Ron Klink, D-Murrysville, who was County Executive Rich Fitzgerald's choice to succeed Bland as interim CEO.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Public servants honored in Pittsburgh for extraordinary responses
- Review: Tortelier’s golden touch full of personality, grandeur
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Film Office announces two Downtown road closures Monday