Oversize cargo to snarl Freeport Road traffic
Traffic on Freeport Road will be detoured again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so trucks can move extra-large cargo through East Deer and Tarentum, officials said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge and Conroy Way from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday. Northbound traffic should detour via Riddle Run, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366; southbound traffic should follow the same route in the opposite order.
Texas-based Fagioli Inc. will be moving mill stands for a new hot strip mill that Allegheny Technologies Inc. is building at its Brackenridge Works.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Roberto Clemente Bridge closes for construction of bike lanes
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Lawrence County father, son charged with running illegal video gambling machines
- Homicide charge withdrawn against Wilkinsburg woman accused of arranging lover’s beating
- Sewickley mortgage broker pleads guilty in bank fraud conspiracy
- Wilkinsburg man will stand trial in death of 5-week-old infant
- Outbound lanes of Fort Pitt Tunnel close Friday for the weekend
- Homewood man on run since December found hiding at girlfriend’s apartment
- North Fayette company changes defendants in Antonio Brown endorsement lawsuit
- Allegheny County to stay open late for property tax discount seekers
- School choice tax credit expansion bill touted