Oversize cargo to snarl Freeport Road traffic
Traffic on Freeport Road will be detoured again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so trucks can move extra-large cargo through East Deer and Tarentum, officials said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge and Conroy Way from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday. Northbound traffic should detour via Riddle Run, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366; southbound traffic should follow the same route in the opposite order.
Texas-based Fagioli Inc. will be moving mill stands for a new hot strip mill that Allegheny Technologies Inc. is building at its Brackenridge Works.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Man shot while driving through Liberty Tunnel
- Journalist Burzynski found place in public relations, military
- Newsmaker: Rich Jones
- Thrill of the chase: Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison