Oversize cargo to snarl Freeport Road traffic
Traffic on Freeport Road will be detoured again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so trucks can move extra-large cargo through East Deer and Tarentum, officials said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge and Conroy Way from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday. Northbound traffic should detour via Riddle Run, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366; southbound traffic should follow the same route in the opposite order.
Texas-based Fagioli Inc. will be moving mill stands for a new hot strip mill that Allegheny Technologies Inc. is building at its Brackenridge Works.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- German firm Nextbike to provide first 500 bikes for Pittsburgh sharing program
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- Fall from Hazelwood roof kills man
- Pittsburgh fraud case, Uganda-based counterfeiting racket linked
- Strip District merchants say pay stations will drive out shoppers relying on free spots
- Tax exemptions cost Allegheny County governments $620M, auditor general reports
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk