Newsmaker: Dr. Ronald V. Pellegrini
Published: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Dr. Ronald V. Pellegrini
Noteworthy: The local division of the American Heart Association named Pellegrini the recipient of the 2013 Peter J. Safar Pulse of Pittsburgh Award. It recognizes a person's leadership in the fight against heart disease and stroke. Safar is considered the father of modern CPR.
Family: Wife, Donna Lucas Pellegrini, and four children: Lisa, 48, Daniel, 47, Francesca, 17, and Luke, 15
Occupation: Cardiothoracic surgeon at the West Penn Allegheny Health System Cardiovascular Institute at Forbes Regional Hospital
Background: Formerly chief of surgery at the cardiovascular surgery division of Mercy Hospital; was clinical assistant professor of surgery and director of adult cardiac surgery for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Education: Bachelor's degree from Washington & Jefferson College in 1959; medical degree from Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia in 1963
Quote: “When you look at the other people who have received this award, and to think that you could be in the same category, it's presumptuous on my part. It's humbling. These people have made fantastic contributions to mankind.”
— Bill VidonicThere are currently no comments for this story.
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- Newsmaker: Tom Lopus
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- Small communication firms target system
- Shaler Area teachers plan strike unless deal reached
- South Park model car designers team head to world competition
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure