NEWSMAKER: Dr.Gene Battistella
Noteworthy: Battistella was re-elected to the board of the Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association (POMA), a statewide organization for physicians holding the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree.
Family: Wife, Michelle; son, Domenic, 7.
Occupation: Co-owner and physician at West Hills Medical Providers, McKees Rocks, specializing in internal medicine.
Background: Battistella is vice chairman of the board and past president of the medical staff at Pittsburgh's Ohio Valley General Hospital in McKees Rocks, treasurer of POMA's District 8, and a delegate to POMA and the American Osteopathic Association.
Education: He is a graduate of St. Vincent College in Latrobe and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed an internship at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown and an internal medicine residency at the former Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's truly an honor to serve and be involved with the organization representing members from our district.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- 15206Project finds goals for rain
- Public servants honored in Pittsburgh for extraordinary responses
- Port Authority steps closer to linking Oakland and Downtown, makes switch from Highmark to Aetna
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Bridge work to close Cliff Mine Road this weekend