NEWSMAKER: Dr.Gene Battistella
Noteworthy: Battistella was re-elected to the board of the Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association (POMA), a statewide organization for physicians holding the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree.
Family: Wife, Michelle; son, Domenic, 7.
Occupation: Co-owner and physician at West Hills Medical Providers, McKees Rocks, specializing in internal medicine.
Background: Battistella is vice chairman of the board and past president of the medical staff at Pittsburgh's Ohio Valley General Hospital in McKees Rocks, treasurer of POMA's District 8, and a delegate to POMA and the American Osteopathic Association.
Education: He is a graduate of St. Vincent College in Latrobe and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed an internship at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown and an internal medicine residency at the former Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's truly an honor to serve and be involved with the organization representing members from our district.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wintry mix of rain, freezing rain and snow bearing down on Pittsburgh area
- 2 arrested in Wilkinsburg shooting
- Uber gains PUC approval to operate in most of Pa. for 2 years
- Man accused of starting Homestead fire not competent to stand trial, psychiatrist says
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Woman, 77, dies in Monroeville house fire
- Propel Braddock Heights sends students home because of threat on first day back after gun incident
- Beaver County man arrested in 24-year-old Clinton County cold case
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Medical examiner identifies man in Pleasant Hills police standoff as Justin Hay