NEWSMAKER: Dr.Gene Battistella
Noteworthy: Battistella was re-elected to the board of the Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association (POMA), a statewide organization for physicians holding the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree.
Family: Wife, Michelle; son, Domenic, 7.
Occupation: Co-owner and physician at West Hills Medical Providers, McKees Rocks, specializing in internal medicine.
Background: Battistella is vice chairman of the board and past president of the medical staff at Pittsburgh's Ohio Valley General Hospital in McKees Rocks, treasurer of POMA's District 8, and a delegate to POMA and the American Osteopathic Association.
Education: He is a graduate of St. Vincent College in Latrobe and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed an internship at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown and an internal medicine residency at the former Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's truly an honor to serve and be involved with the organization representing members from our district.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Minority employment report: Diversified workforce lacking in Western Pa.
- Loose barges on Monongahela River highlight woes of winter’s end
- ‘Bus rapid transit’ link from Oakland to Downtown slow to actualize
- Pittsburgh chess tournament likely to include pair of grandmasters
- Drilling group says Wolf overestimates expected tax revenue
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Department of Education scrutinizes Point Park for response to sexual assault claims
- Police looking for Duquesne man they say assaulted 13-year-old girl
- Pittsburgh has enough salt despite delivery refusal on Thursday, official says
- Power outage shutters several Pitt campus buildings