NEWSMAKER: Dr.Gene Battistella
Noteworthy: Battistella was re-elected to the board of the Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association (POMA), a statewide organization for physicians holding the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree.
Family: Wife, Michelle; son, Domenic, 7.
Occupation: Co-owner and physician at West Hills Medical Providers, McKees Rocks, specializing in internal medicine.
Background: Battistella is vice chairman of the board and past president of the medical staff at Pittsburgh's Ohio Valley General Hospital in McKees Rocks, treasurer of POMA's District 8, and a delegate to POMA and the American Osteopathic Association.
Education: He is a graduate of St. Vincent College in Latrobe and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed an internship at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown and an internal medicine residency at the former Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's truly an honor to serve and be involved with the organization representing members from our district.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat