NEWSMAKER: Dr.Gene Battistella
By Rachel Weaver
Published: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 11:36 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 15, 2013
Noteworthy: Battistella was re-elected to the board of the Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association (POMA), a statewide organization for physicians holding the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree.
Family: Wife, Michelle; son, Domenic, 7.
Occupation: Co-owner and physician at West Hills Medical Providers, McKees Rocks, specializing in internal medicine.
Background: Battistella is vice chairman of the board and past president of the medical staff at Pittsburgh's Ohio Valley General Hospital in McKees Rocks, treasurer of POMA's District 8, and a delegate to POMA and the American Osteopathic Association.
Education: He is a graduate of St. Vincent College in Latrobe and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed an internship at Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital in Johnstown and an internal medicine residency at the former Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Quote: “It's truly an honor to serve and be involved with the organization representing members from our district.”
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Group of immigrants welcomed into U.S. citizenship at Soldiers & Sailors
- Legionella bacteria not found in tests at area mall
- Veterans find career success in franchising
- Pittsburgh City Council chief Harris eyes mayor’s job
- Pittsburgh Public Safety director Huss works to lift morale
- Group battles to repeal state’s prevailing wage repeal
- Allegheny County pursues $3M grant for sports complex at Montour Junction site
- State commits annual $3.8M to Pittsburgh-Harrisburg Amtrak line
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.