Newsmaker: Peter E. Leimkuehler
Noteworthy: The American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists will induct Leimkuehler into its 2013 Class of Fellows during its annual meeting Friday in Orlando, Fla. Leimkuehler is one of 14 people nationwide who will be inducted.
Residence: Upper St. Clair
Family: Wife, Sarah and three sons: Oscar, 5, Charlie, 3, and Fisher, 2.
Occupation: Leimkuehler is a certified practitioner of orthotics and prosthetics at Union Orthotics and Prosthetics Co., managing the company's South Hills office on Brownsville Road. He is the residency director for the company, overseeing the one-year residency that new college graduates have to complete before taking the exam to become certified practitioners.
Education: Leimkuehler holds a bachelor's degree in life sciences from Ohio University and certificates in orthotics and prosthetics from Northwestern University.
Quote: Creating and fitting a new orthotic or prosthesis is half science and half art, he said. “I'm helping people yet I'm still being creative — working with my hands.”
— Brian Bowling
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sinkhole affects another Ross business
- Teachers’ roles evolve as districts rely more on computers
- Mayor Peduto cites ‘sensitivity’ in submitting Hill District site plans
- Grants will help Pittsburgh facilities reach out
- Former Pennsylvania civil rights investigator from Penn Hills sues agency, alleges discrimination
- Teens charged after man stabbed in Karns City home invasion
- Prosecutors ask judge to excuse informant from testifying amid fears for his life
- Duquesne Light hires new operations vice president
- Former Metropolitan Savings Bank director goes on trial in alleged embezzlement of $401K
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Coach accused in $2,400 theft from Baldwin Hockey Club