Newsmaker: Rebecca LaBovick
By Jeremy Boren
Published: Tuesday, March 5, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Noteworthy: LaBovick, a registered nurse, received the 2013 Outstanding Service Award from the Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians' Network. The award recognizes her “dedication, commitment and ongoing work to end homelessness” in the Pittsburgh area, said her employer, Community Human Services.
Occupation: Director of therapeutic services at Community Human Services Corp., Downtown
Family: Husband, Lee; children Ryan, 20, and Gabrielle, 13
Background: LaBovick plays a key role in running homeless assistance programs that help people and families dealing with homelessness obtain resources and learn skills needed to live independently.
Education: LaBovick earned her nursing degree from the former St. Francis School of Professional Nursing in Lawrenceville. She is certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a psychiatric registered nurse clinician.
Quote: “The award itself is an honor, but it's an even bigger honor that three colleagues made the nomination.”
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Trib wins appeal to open records in settlement with former county inmate
- Corbett administration seeking assurances state won’t be left holding Medicaid bag
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- Small communication firms target system
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- South Park model car designers team head to world competition
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.