Newsmaker: Rebecca LaBovick
Noteworthy: LaBovick, a registered nurse, received the 2013 Outstanding Service Award from the Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians' Network. The award recognizes her “dedication, commitment and ongoing work to end homelessness” in the Pittsburgh area, said her employer, Community Human Services.
Occupation: Director of therapeutic services at Community Human Services Corp., Downtown
Family: Husband, Lee; children Ryan, 20, and Gabrielle, 13
Background: LaBovick plays a key role in running homeless assistance programs that help people and families dealing with homelessness obtain resources and learn skills needed to live independently.
Education: LaBovick earned her nursing degree from the former St. Francis School of Professional Nursing in Lawrenceville. She is certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a psychiatric registered nurse clinician.
Quote: “The award itself is an honor, but it's an even bigger honor that three colleagues made the nomination.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school
- Heavy rain prompts flood advisory for Allegheny, Westmoreland counties
- Work set for Parkway West
- White House threat sparks call for wider immigration debate
- Bridge inspections, washing to impact Pittsburgh traffic
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Newsmaker: Bryant Andrews-Nino