Newsmaker: Melissa Sherer Krause
By Tory N. Parrish
Published: Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, 11:51 p.m.
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Educational Foundation elected Krause to a two-year term on its board of directors.
Family: Husband, Jonathan
Occupation: Consultant pharmacist at Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions Inc. in Ross and adjunct clinical instructor for Duquesne University student pharmacists.
Background: Krause joined Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions in 2004. She is a board member and past president of the Allegheny County Pharmacists Association and treasurer of the Duquesne University Pharmacy Alumni Association. She is a member of the American Pharmacists Association; Lambda Kappa Sigma, Tau Alumni Chapter, a professional pharmacy fraternity; the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; the National Community Pharmacists Association; and the North Hills Toastmasters Club.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from Duquesne University in 2006
Quote: “Probably the most rewarding part of my job is being able to help pharmacy students … to learn to become better pharmacists.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh diocese extends peace offering to Catholics, non-Catholics
- Food stamp fraud, bloat overshadow debate on farm bill
- Money being raised to furnish Uniontown Marine’s home
- Late Thanksgiving diminishes jingle of Salvation Army kettles
- Companies are rethinking their holiday parties with different kinds of venues
- Illness briefly sidelines mayor, but he’s back in the game by late week
- Farmers markets’ terminals ease sales
- Parkway North traffic to be restricted nightly Tuesday through Friday
- Fox Chapel ooze baffles state investigators
- Newsmaker: Mary C. Burke
- North Park Lake Trail to be widened along Ingomar Road