Newsmaker: Melissa Sherer Krause
By Tory N. Parrish
Published: Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, 11:51 p.m.
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Educational Foundation elected Krause to a two-year term on its board of directors.
Family: Husband, Jonathan
Occupation: Consultant pharmacist at Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions Inc. in Ross and adjunct clinical instructor for Duquesne University student pharmacists.
Background: Krause joined Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions in 2004. She is a board member and past president of the Allegheny County Pharmacists Association and treasurer of the Duquesne University Pharmacy Alumni Association. She is a member of the American Pharmacists Association; Lambda Kappa Sigma, Tau Alumni Chapter, a professional pharmacy fraternity; the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; the National Community Pharmacists Association; and the North Hills Toastmasters Club.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from Duquesne University in 2006
Quote: “Probably the most rewarding part of my job is being able to help pharmacy students … to learn to become better pharmacists.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- For undercover officer who tried to nab Lawrence County flasher, work can be ‘drag’
- Defense experts tell of disease they say claimed 4-month-old from Castle Shannon whose father is charged with homicide
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Comedian Gallagher gets his money from North Versailles promoter
- Moon school hiring under fire
- Methane emission levels by shale natural gas drillers disputed by EPA, researchers
- Allegheny County employees sticking with Highmark to save money, send message
- Leader guided changes at Robert Morris
- Newsmaker: Dr. Jan Janecka