Newsmaker: Melissa Sherer Krause
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Educational Foundation elected Krause to a two-year term on its board of directors.
Family: Husband, Jonathan
Occupation: Consultant pharmacist at Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions Inc. in Ross and adjunct clinical instructor for Duquesne University student pharmacists.
Background: Krause joined Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions in 2004. She is a board member and past president of the Allegheny County Pharmacists Association and treasurer of the Duquesne University Pharmacy Alumni Association. She is a member of the American Pharmacists Association; Lambda Kappa Sigma, Tau Alumni Chapter, a professional pharmacy fraternity; the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; the National Community Pharmacists Association; and the North Hills Toastmasters Club.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from Duquesne University in 2006
Quote: “Probably the most rewarding part of my job is being able to help pharmacy students … to learn to become better pharmacists.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Package thefts can be prevented, police, experts say
- Muslim civil rights group seeks investigation into shooting of Pittsburgh taxi driver
- Pet chiropractic more popular in Western Pa., but doubts linger
- Maryland man found with missing Ohio girl in Pittsburgh motel
- Shooting of Pittsburgh cab driver spotlights risks of profession