Newsmaker: Melissa Sherer Krause
By Tory N. Parrish
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:51 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Educational Foundation elected Krause to a two-year term on its board of directors.
Family: Husband, Jonathan
Occupation: Consultant pharmacist at Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions Inc. in Ross and adjunct clinical instructor for Duquesne University student pharmacists.
Background: Krause joined Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions in 2004. She is a board member and past president of the Allegheny County Pharmacists Association and treasurer of the Duquesne University Pharmacy Alumni Association. She is a member of the American Pharmacists Association; Lambda Kappa Sigma, Tau Alumni Chapter, a professional pharmacy fraternity; the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; the National Community Pharmacists Association; and the North Hills Toastmasters Club.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from Duquesne University in 2006
Quote: “Probably the most rewarding part of my job is being able to help pharmacy students … to learn to become better pharmacists.”
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
- Link between bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Competitors offer tips to Stanton Heights school startup
- Newsmaker: Tom G. Leech
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Corbett wants clarification on education standards
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Allegheny County medical examiner: ‘All options open’ in UPMC doctor’s cyanide death
- Memorial Day weekend traffic expected to be slightly lighter than last year
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.