Newsmaker: Melissa Sherer Krause
Noteworthy: The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Educational Foundation elected Krause to a two-year term on its board of directors.
Family: Husband, Jonathan
Occupation: Consultant pharmacist at Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions Inc. in Ross and adjunct clinical instructor for Duquesne University student pharmacists.
Background: Krause joined Pharmacy Healthcare Solutions in 2004. She is a board member and past president of the Allegheny County Pharmacists Association and treasurer of the Duquesne University Pharmacy Alumni Association. She is a member of the American Pharmacists Association; Lambda Kappa Sigma, Tau Alumni Chapter, a professional pharmacy fraternity; the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; the National Community Pharmacists Association; and the North Hills Toastmasters Club.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from Duquesne University in 2006
Quote: “Probably the most rewarding part of my job is being able to help pharmacy students … to learn to become better pharmacists.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Waivers granted for Garden Theater block development
- Pittsburgh zoo receives $9M gift — largest ever — from Mellon Foundation
- Wilkinsburg minister raided for drugs and guns, charged with multiple felonies
- Pittsburgh International Airport to focus on attracting new airlines, increasing facility’s usage
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Newsmaker: Sanford Asher
- $20M bond issue could cost cash-strapped Penn Hills School District $6.6M in interest
- Plum school board asks why tip line was removed from student handbook
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K
- Founder of Operation Safety Net in Pittsburgh named one of CNN’s 2015 Top 10 Heroes
- Siblings sue over gas rights in Jefferson Hills land parcel