Newsmaker: Dr. Linda McAllister-Lucas
Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Dr. Linda McAllister-Lucas
Noteworthy: Appointed chief of hematology and oncology at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
Family: Husband, Peter; son, Max
Background: McAllister-Lucas is a pediatric oncologist. She ran a laboratory at the University of Michigan Medical School studying the relationship between inflammation and cancers and how inflammation can induce lymphoma, a cancer of the blood.
Education: She obtained her medical degree and a doctorate in molecular physiology from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
Quote: “I get to lead a team of talented physicians and scientists who already take great care of pediatric hematology and oncology patients. I have every confidence that the care of these patients is going to improve over the next decade.”
—by Luis Fabregas
- Prosecutor brings compassion, passion to role as deputy AG
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Newsmaker: Dr. Donald Hoffman
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Woman alleges abduction, rape by ex-boyfriend in Overbrook
- Allegheny County medical examiner: ‘All options open’ in UPMC doctor’s cyanide death
- Allegheny County police counting on remote-operated river vehicle
- Fate of Wilkinsburg’s Green Street Mini-Park is in hands of court
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.