TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire forces guests out of Waterfront motel

About The Tribune-Review
The Tribune-Review can be reached via e-mail or at 412-321-6460.
Contact Us | Video | Photo Reprints

By The Tribune-Review

Published: Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.

Fire in a clothes dryer caused a temporary evacuation of the Holiday Inn Express at the Waterfront on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

The blaze was reported about 3:45 p.m. in the hotel in the 600 block of Waterfront Drive, on the Munhall side of the sprawling shopping complex, borough dispatchers said.

Guests were briefly evacuated as needed, but the flames were brought under control quickly and did not cause any severe damage.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Allegheny

  1. Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
  2. South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
  3. South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
  4. Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
  5. Several Duquesne homes damaged in fire
  6. Defense experts tell of disease they say claimed 4-month-old from Castle Shannon whose father is charged with homicide
  7. Moon school hiring under fire
  8. Methane emission levels by shale natural gas drillers disputed by EPA, researchers
  9. Leader guided changes at Robert Morris
  10. Woman charged in Schuylkill County stabbing death
  11. New Mexican War Streets grocer connects with North Side neighborhood
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.