Fire forces guests out of Waterfront motel
Fire in a clothes dryer caused a temporary evacuation of the Holiday Inn Express at the Waterfront on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The blaze was reported about 3:45 p.m. in the hotel in the 600 block of Waterfront Drive, on the Munhall side of the sprawling shopping complex, borough dispatchers said.
Guests were briefly evacuated as needed, but the flames were brought under control quickly and did not cause any severe damage.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Peters-based My Big Fat Greek Gyro looks for boost from reality TV
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Police arrest 4 in Lincoln-Lemington following shooting
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Vigil honors 6 homeless who died in Pittsburgh in 2014
- Police arrest 4 juveniles allegedly connected to anonymous online school threat
- 8 Western Pennsylvania municipalities receive state grants to upgrade traffic signals
- Early morning crash injures two in Marshall
- Alliance aims to transform vacant parcel in St. Clair to include townhouses, urban farming
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes