Fire forces guests out of Waterfront motel
Published: Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 18, 2013
Fire in a clothes dryer caused a temporary evacuation of the Holiday Inn Express at the Waterfront on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The blaze was reported about 3:45 p.m. in the hotel in the 600 block of Waterfront Drive, on the Munhall side of the sprawling shopping complex, borough dispatchers said.
Guests were briefly evacuated as needed, but the flames were brought under control quickly and did not cause any severe damage.
- County executive: Allegheny risks losing millions with delayed decision on park drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz
- Small communication firms target system
- Pittsburgh police, civilian employees to work convention
- Congressmen: VA Pittsburgh ignored requests for Legionnaires’ records
- Sewickley church can repurpose ‘pink house’ to fellowship center
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- CDC takes didn’t ask, don’t tell us policy on Legionella bacteria at VA Pittsburgh before 2011
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- Sentencing postponed in Pitt online threats case
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.