Fire forces guests out of Waterfront motel
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Fire in a clothes dryer caused a temporary evacuation of the Holiday Inn Express at the Waterfront on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
The blaze was reported about 3:45 p.m. in the hotel in the 600 block of Waterfront Drive, on the Munhall side of the sprawling shopping complex, borough dispatchers said.
Guests were briefly evacuated as needed, but the flames were brought under control quickly and did not cause any severe damage.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- South Fayette mother wants case against bullied son to be dropped
- Legal experts question prosecuting South Fayette boy for recording bullies
- Several Duquesne homes damaged in fire
- Defense experts tell of disease they say claimed 4-month-old from Castle Shannon whose father is charged with homicide
- Moon school hiring under fire
- Methane emission levels by shale natural gas drillers disputed by EPA, researchers
- Leader guided changes at Robert Morris
- Woman charged in Schuylkill County stabbing death
- New Mexican War Streets grocer connects with North Side neighborhood