'Super loads' to close Freeport Road temporarily
Freeport Road will be closed again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for ongoing movement of extra-large loads of steel mill equipment through Tarentum and East Deer, PennDOT said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge in East Deer and Conroy Way in Tarentum from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday, weather permitting.
The “super loads” of mill equipment are bound for a hot strip mill under construction in Brackenridge. Traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2nd command officer at Allegheny County Jail punished
- Terror threat doesn’t keep Pittsburgh International travelers down
- In letter, Plum school superintendent reassures parents on safety
- Pittsburgh on cusp of leaving fiscal oversight
- Pittsburgh police chief limits chases, orders review of policy
- McCullough’s attorney alleges ‘peculiar’ behavior of judge in withdrawn motion
- North Side stabber sentenced to 20 to 40 years
- North Hills nonprofit helps victims of domestic abuse with small loans
- Allegheny County closings for the holiday
- Penn Hills school board unanimously fires former business director
- Pedestrian critical after being struck by truck in the West End Circle