‘Super loads’ to close Freeport Road temporarily
Published: Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 18, 2013
Freeport Road will be closed again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for ongoing movement of extra-large loads of steel mill equipment through Tarentum and East Deer, PennDOT said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge in East Deer and Conroy Way in Tarentum from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday, weather permitting.
The “super loads” of mill equipment are bound for a hot strip mill under construction in Brackenridge. Traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366.
- Chlorine spill evacuates Wilkinsburg apartment building
- Stamps to mark Gettysburg’s 150th
- Bethel Park board rejects fact-finding on transportation
- ‘We plan to win,’ says GOP chief of Wander’s quixotic bid for Pittsburgh mayor
- Memorial Day weekend traffic expected to be slightly lighter than last year
- Link between Washington County bomb threats, bank heist probed
- Four Pittsburgh school board candidates won’t be challenged in fall
- Government defends recording Armstrong County man’s jail conversation
- Newsmaker: Tony Cintron
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.