'Super loads' to close Freeport Road temporarily
Freeport Road will be closed again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for ongoing movement of extra-large loads of steel mill equipment through Tarentum and East Deer, PennDOT said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge in East Deer and Conroy Way in Tarentum from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday, weather permitting.
The “super loads” of mill equipment are bound for a hot strip mill under construction in Brackenridge. Traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burgess’ rivals for Pittsburgh council nomination owe money to government
- Pittsburgh man identified as Manchester shooting victim
- Western Pa. experts say nonprofit mergers take work
- Upper St. Clair lawyer pleads guilty to dealing in crack
- House floating along rivers will be new South Side Marina office
- CMU computer ready to take on poker pros in showdown at Rivers Casino
- Wilmerding resident to stand trial for fatal shooting
- Trib recognition program celebrates young leaders in south, west area
- Pittsburgh pair plans rare trip to Iran for American classical musicians
- Newsmaker: Dr. Clifton W. Callaway
- Taxi services fret as Pittsburgh airport talks with Uber near end