'Super loads' to close Freeport Road temporarily
Freeport Road will be closed again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for ongoing movement of extra-large loads of steel mill equipment through Tarentum and East Deer, PennDOT said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge in East Deer and Conroy Way in Tarentum from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday, weather permitting.
The “super loads” of mill equipment are bound for a hot strip mill under construction in Brackenridge. Traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Group’s proposed fracking moratorium for Allegheny County parks to go on council agenda
- Millions in pollution fines went unused for decades in Allegheny County
- Rare surgery helps woman beat paralysis
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank adds chief financial officer Lutovsky
- Apartment development outlined for former Schenley High School in Pittsburgh
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Dinners, other Thanksgiving events planned in region
- Girl, 12, rescues 4-year-old sister from burning house in Homestead
- Newsmaker: Daniel Eichinger
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation