'Super loads' to close Freeport Road temporarily
Freeport Road will be closed again on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for ongoing movement of extra-large loads of steel mill equipment through Tarentum and East Deer, PennDOT said.
Freeport Road will be closed between the C.L. Schmitt Bridge in East Deer and Conroy Way in Tarentum from midnight Monday through 7 a.m. Tuesday, and again from midnight Wednesday through 7 a.m. Thursday, weather permitting.
The “super loads” of mill equipment are bound for a hot strip mill under construction in Brackenridge. Traffic will be detoured using Riddle Run Road, Butler Logan Road, Route 28 and Route 366.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma
- Police investigating fire at South Side self storage units
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Savings, aesthetics of LED praised, but streetlight conversion could cost Pittsburgh $13M
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Time capsule salutes 250 years for Fort Pitt Block House
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects