Man arrested in connection with January fatal shooting in Pittsburgh
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, February 18, 2013, 10:33 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Police have arrested a second man accused of fatally shooting a teen in January in Pittsburgh.
Wilkinsburg police arrested Ashanti Montgomery, 18, on Sunday and notified Pittsburgh police, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for Montgomery charging him with homicide, conspiracy and carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Pittsburgh police charged Montgomery with killing Deondre Pace, 16, of Allentown in the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue on Jan. 10 because of what investigators said was a dispute over an exchange of weapons.
A second person charged in the slaying, Marshall Addison, 20, is awaiting trial.
Keep this up and people just won't ever come here to visit.
- Study: Traffic jams siphon $1B a year from region’s drivers
- Greenbriar Drive homeowners divided over alley maintenance
- VA wants no part of fines proposal
- Pittsburgh VA had most Legionella in region among samples reviewed
- Lancaster transplant patient’s battle isn’t over yet in Pittsburgh
- Written records carry risk of skimming, says accountant reviewing Pittsburgh city books
- Police still hunting slaying suspect
- Community center plans thrill Homewood
- Newsmaker: Dr. Lakshmanan Krishnamurti
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss