Man arrested in connection with January fatal shooting in Pittsburgh
Police have arrested a second man accused of fatally shooting a teen in January in Pittsburgh.
Wilkinsburg police arrested Ashanti Montgomery, 18, on Sunday and notified Pittsburgh police, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for Montgomery charging him with homicide, conspiracy and carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Pittsburgh police charged Montgomery with killing Deondre Pace, 16, of Allentown in the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue on Jan. 10 because of what investigators said was a dispute over an exchange of weapons.
A second person charged in the slaying, Marshall Addison, 20, is awaiting trial.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh region enjoys healthy dose of ‘brain gain’
- Fix for issues vowed at Pittsburgh VA
- Bakery Square town houses plans to go to Pittsburgh city planners
- 3 Brentwood council members submit resignation letters
- Four questioned in Glen Hazel shooting of teen
- Citation of police observer called ‘abuse of power’ by Pittsburgh police
- Newsmaker: Jay Carson
- Computer glitch, mail vendor switch blamed in delay of VA appointment notices
- New interim director to take over VA regional office in Pittsburgh
- Leadership rises as issue for Pa. voters in new poll
- Wilkinsburg School District hires embattled Penn Hills business affairs director