Man arrested in connection with January fatal shooting in Pittsburgh
Police have arrested a second man accused of fatally shooting a teen in January in Pittsburgh.
Wilkinsburg police arrested Ashanti Montgomery, 18, on Sunday and notified Pittsburgh police, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for Montgomery charging him with homicide, conspiracy and carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Pittsburgh police charged Montgomery with killing Deondre Pace, 16, of Allentown in the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue on Jan. 10 because of what investigators said was a dispute over an exchange of weapons.
A second person charged in the slaying, Marshall Addison, 20, is awaiting trial.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Emails show Allegheny County Council staff investigated potential snooping
- Squirrel Hill Tunnel workers cope with speeders, exhaust fumes
- Sewickley man dies in Route 28 motorcycle accident
- Pennsylvania Resources Council puts hazardous materials in their place
- West Allegheny School District scraps landfill tax over legal questions
- Fire at Indiana County lumber yard appears accidental; loss set at $350K
- Generations of Steelers fans flock to practice on Unity campus
- Portion of Saw Mill Run closed after wreck
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii crash that killed Pittsburgh couple
- Banksville Road to reopen to traffic