Man arrested in connection with January fatal shooting in Pittsburgh
Police have arrested a second man accused of fatally shooting a teen in January in Pittsburgh.
Wilkinsburg police arrested Ashanti Montgomery, 18, on Sunday and notified Pittsburgh police, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for Montgomery charging him with homicide, conspiracy and carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Pittsburgh police charged Montgomery with killing Deondre Pace, 16, of Allentown in the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue on Jan. 10 because of what investigators said was a dispute over an exchange of weapons.
A second person charged in the slaying, Marshall Addison, 20, is awaiting trial.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pipelines key to growth in shale industry
- Pittsburgh City Council unanimous in opposition to bill that would change how Pa. defines tax-exempt status
- Aging weather satellite may be leaving forecasters with a large blind spot
- Pittsburgh to consider measure to give city employees 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- 3-D images to help police in Western Pa. navigate terror, hostage scenes
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores in Western Pennsylvania gets house arrest for tax evasion
- Allegheny County assistant public defender Capone charged with lying to court staff
- Newsmaker: Rick McIntyre
- Alcosan to hold public meetings on plans to reduce sewage flow into rivers during storms