Man arrested in connection with January fatal shooting in Pittsburgh
Police have arrested a second man accused of fatally shooting a teen in January in Pittsburgh.
Wilkinsburg police arrested Ashanti Montgomery, 18, on Sunday and notified Pittsburgh police, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for Montgomery charging him with homicide, conspiracy and carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Pittsburgh police charged Montgomery with killing Deondre Pace, 16, of Allentown in the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue on Jan. 10 because of what investigators said was a dispute over an exchange of weapons.
A second person charged in the slaying, Marshall Addison, 20, is awaiting trial.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets
- Pew Research Center poll shows most Americans take gun rights over control
- Trade Institute of Pittsburgh helps rebuild lives of ex-convicts
- Tree giveaway kicks off Earth Week in Pittsburgh
- Deputies arrest couple, seize 45 bricks of heroin in Penn Hills
- 2 Georgia men charged in Pittsburgh jury duty scam
- Pittsburgh pair plans rare trip to Iran for American classical musicians
- 10,000 more plots for veterans planned at National Cemetery of Alleghenies
- Security agents discover handgun in man’s carry-on at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Now debt-free, August Wilson Center to offer bookings again
- Trib Total Media Outstanding Young Citizen Awards presents scholarship, 10 gold medals