Man arrested in connection with January fatal shooting in Pittsburgh
By The The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, 10:33 a.m.
Police have arrested a second man accused of fatally shooting a teen in January in Pittsburgh.
Wilkinsburg police arrested Ashanti Montgomery, 18, on Sunday and notified Pittsburgh police, who had an outstanding arrest warrant for Montgomery charging him with homicide, conspiracy and carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Pittsburgh police charged Montgomery with killing Deondre Pace, 16, of Allentown in the 300 block of Beltzhoover Avenue on Jan. 10 because of what investigators said was a dispute over an exchange of weapons.
A second person charged in the slaying, Marshall Addison, 20, is awaiting trial.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- Post 9/11 veterans lend skills to community leadership course
- 4-car crash near Fox Chapel snarls Route 28 traffic
- Trial begins in Steelers stabbing
- Landmark former school in Pittsburgh’s Hill District to incubate startups
- Wuerl tells faithful all Catholics are responsible for schools
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Proposal to drill in West Deer and Frazer draws comments from both sides
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation
- Pope Francis inspires incredible optimism