39 candidates seek three alumni openings as Penn State trustees
By Debra Erdley
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 6:18 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
Penn State graduates will have a choice of 39 candidates for three alumni positions on the university's 32-member board of trustees this spring.
That's a dramatic decline from 2012, when three new alumni trustees were elected from among 86 Penn State graduates after the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal rocked the university.
A complete roster of this year's candidates is available at bit.ly/VQVmmG. They include two incumbent board members, orthopedic surgeon and 1979 football captain Paul Suhey of Boalsburg and attorney Stephanie Nolan Deviney of Exton; former state Sen. Robert Jubelirer of Boalsburg; and attorney Ben Novak of Ava Maria, Fla.
Novak, a former member of Penn State's board from 1988-2000, wrote an open letter to trustees in January demanding they rescind the firing of late head coach Joe Paterno and restore his reputation.
Online balloting for the three positions will be conducted from April 10 through 9 a.m. on May 2.
Debra Erdley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. she can be reached at 412-320-7996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.There are currently no comments for this story.
- South Park model car designers team head to world competition
- Newsmaker: Jennifer Moss
- Leadership roles shift as result of Pittsburgh police union rules
- Allegheny County parks considered for drilling
- National study: College teacher training is ‘industry of mediocrity’
- Newsmaker: Dr. W.H. ‘Bert’ Milligan
- Newsmaker: Gabriela Hug
- Newsmaker: Mary Chester Wasko
- VA had Legionella bug 5 years before disclosure
- Newsmaker: Tom Lopus
- Newsmaker: Jessica Vega-Rogowicz