Newsmaker: L. Robert Furman
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 3:57 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Noteworthy: Named one of “20 to Watch” by the National School Boards Association Technology Leadership Network. The 20 are recognized for their ability to inspire colleagues to incorporate innovative technology solutions that contribute to high-quality learning and more efficient school districts.
Residence: South Park
Family: Wife, Tiffeni, 37, and two sons, Luke, 9, and Kyle, 5.
Occupation: Principal at South Park Elementary Center in the South Park School District.
Background: Music teacher in Pittsburgh Public Schools, assistant principal at Gateway School District and band director at schools in Texas, Maryland and Northgate Junior-Senior High School in Bellevue.
Education: Bachelor's degree in music education from West Virginia University in 1995, Master's degree in educational administration from Duquesne University in 2000, doctorate of education in instructional leadership from Duquesne in 2006.
Quote: “I am the epitome of wings and roots. My parents were educators for more than 40 years, and our superintendent and school board value technology and they value me being able to go out and spread knowledge.”
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- Campaign makes push for organ donations
- South Side group sponsors wide range of activities outdoors
- Accrued sick time weighs on Pittsburgh budget
- Newsmaker: Heather Kaczorowski
- ESU faculty warned of potential layoffs
- Just hold on, 911 officials say of busy signals, but frustrated callers want explanation
- Flavors of the world treat for PSO fans
- No known illnesses from Legionella bacteria found in Washington County VA clinic, official says
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.