Newsmaker: Ed McKaveney
By Andrew Conte
Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Noteworthy: Received the 2013 Withrow Chief Technology Officer Award from the Consortium for School Networking. The consortium describes Frank Withrow as a pioneer and champion in the use of technology in K-12 education.
Family: Wife, Amy; daughter, Maria, 2.
Occupation: Technology director for Hampton Township School District.
Education: Bachelor's in biology, 1995, and Master's in multimedia technology, 2001, both from Duquesne University; doctoral student in educational leadership and management at Capella University, an online school.
Quote: “It's a pretty significant recognition, and it says a lot about our Pittsburgh region in general because there's a lot of collaboration with the foundations, the universities and the Allegheny Intermediate Unit. ... We're in the national spotlight.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Landslides put Baldwin firefighters in financial peril
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Population expansion in Western Pennsylvania hinges on immigrants
- Change in kidney allocation rules should help patients
- Catholic learning sessions to start in Pittsburgh
- Officials identify Chartiers shooting victim as Wilkinsburg man
- Newsmaker: James Lange
- Film tax credits bill would bump up state budget
- Patients nationwide die waiting as 1 in 5 kidneys rejected by doctors
- Bethel Park man to receive degree from Pitt he earned 64 years ago
- Bullied South Fayette student’s case prompts wiretap overhaul legislation