Newsmaker: Ed McKaveney
Noteworthy: Received the 2013 Withrow Chief Technology Officer Award from the Consortium for School Networking. The consortium describes Frank Withrow as a pioneer and champion in the use of technology in K-12 education.
Family: Wife, Amy; daughter, Maria, 2.
Occupation: Technology director for Hampton Township School District.
Education: Bachelor's in biology, 1995, and Master's in multimedia technology, 2001, both from Duquesne University; doctoral student in educational leadership and management at Capella University, an online school.
Quote: “It's a pretty significant recognition, and it says a lot about our Pittsburgh region in general because there's a lot of collaboration with the foundations, the universities and the Allegheny Intermediate Unit. ... We're in the national spotlight.”
Add Andrew Conte to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Revenue from special Pennsylvania Monuments license plates to help maintain monuments at Gettysburg
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks up there with world’s best
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millenials
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Former McCandless ice cream shop owner convicted of sex charges
- Newsmaker: Rebecca Lane