Upcoming conventions, conferences and exhibitions in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania:
• March 15-17: Ninth Annual Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival; Four Points Sheraton, Mars; www.pghknitandcrochet.com
• March 19-22: 58th Annual Conference and Exhibits, Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials; David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Downtown; www.pasbo.org/conf_annual.asp
• March 22-23: Seventh Annual Conference, Farm to Table Pittsburgh; David L. Lawrence Convention Center; www.farmtotablepa.com
• March 22-24: Magic the Gathering Grand Prix, sponsored by Professional Events Services; David L. Lawrence Convention Center; www.professional-events.com/Magic/GrandPrix/Pittsburgh2013
• March 22-24: Pittsburgh Arts and Crafts Spring Fever Festival, sponsored by Family Festivals Association Inc.; Monroeville Convention Center; www.familyfestivals.com
• April 5-7: Tekkoshocon X-2, Japanese pop culture convention; David L. Lawrence Convention Center; www.tekkoshocon.com
• April 7-9: Engineering Sustainability 2013, sponsored by the University of Pittsburgh's Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation and Carnegie Mellon University's Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research; David L. Lawrence Convention Center; www.engineering.pitt.edu/MCSI/conference
To have events included in this listing, send information to email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Prosecutors say cyanide-death defendant Ferrante tested toxin on mice to gauge effect on human
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Peduto, Harris compromise on $1.6M for North Side community center
- Police arrest 8, cite more than 2 dozen after riots in Morgantown
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- Savvy Service Employees International Union ‘keeps light on’
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe