Newsmaker: Carol Peterson
By Bob Bauder
Published: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Noteworthy: Pittsburgh City Council this week honored Peterson with a proclamation in recognition of her work on the book “Allegheny City: The History of Pittsburgh's North Side,” which she co-authored with Steelers co-owner Dan Rooney. Council declared Tuesday as Carol Peterson Day.
Occupation: Self-employed architectural and community historian
Education: Bachelor's degree in English writing from Widener University and a master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of Pittsburgh
Quote: “It's a real honor. The thing that's been a guiding principle to me is how do we make things happen that wouldn't happen otherwise in terms of historic preservation.”
- Corbett wants clarification on education standards
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Former Mt. Lebanon commissioner on top
- Four Pittsburgh school board candidates won’t be challenged in fall
- Municipal roundup: Dormont mayor’s battle still tight
- Allegheny County medical examiner: ‘All options open’ in UPMC doctor’s cyanide death
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
- Trauma study in Pittsburgh region won’t need up-front approval
- Oakland institute to make Catholic philosopher’s works high-tech
- Lee challenges Rudiak for Pittsburgh City Council’s 4th District seat
- Shuman Juvenile Detention Center will get 32 new cameras
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.