Newsmaker: Margaret Irvine Weir
Noteworthy: Irvine Weir recently was appointed chairwoman of the Butler Health System Board of Trustees, a position she will hold for two years with the opportunity to be reappointed for an additional two years.
Occupation: She is president of NexTier Bank, a community bank based in Butler.
Family: Two children, Adam, 16, and Brian, 13
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Maryland
Background: After graduating from college, she worked for several banks in the Washington, D.C., area. In 1990, she joined NexTier, which was co-founded by her great-grandfather in 1878. She served as vice president of quality customer service until being named president in 2000. She was named to the board of Butler Health System in 2010 and is a board member of the Community Development Corporation of Butler County, the Regional Learning Alliance of Pittsburgh and the Seneca Valley Foundation.
Quote: “I'm really honored to be their chair. I've found Butler Health System to be a very innovative, proactive and quality organization. ... I hope I can help them get to the next level.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millenials
- Revenue from special Pennsylvania Monuments license plates to help maintain monuments at Gettysburg
- Allegheny County’s crime lab is ranks up there with world’s best
- Pennsylvania amusement ride website leaves readers hanging
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school