Newsmaker: Margaret Irvine Weir
Noteworthy: Irvine Weir recently was appointed chairwoman of the Butler Health System Board of Trustees, a position she will hold for two years with the opportunity to be reappointed for an additional two years.
Occupation: She is president of NexTier Bank, a community bank based in Butler.
Family: Two children, Adam, 16, and Brian, 13
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Maryland
Background: After graduating from college, she worked for several banks in the Washington, D.C., area. In 1990, she joined NexTier, which was co-founded by her great-grandfather in 1878. She served as vice president of quality customer service until being named president in 2000. She was named to the board of Butler Health System in 2010 and is a board member of the Community Development Corporation of Butler County, the Regional Learning Alliance of Pittsburgh and the Seneca Valley Foundation.
Quote: “I'm really honored to be their chair. I've found Butler Health System to be a very innovative, proactive and quality organization. ... I hope I can help them get to the next level.”
Add Alex Nixon to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Public servants honored in Pittsburgh for extraordinary responses
- Curry Hollow Shopping Center has buyer
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Port Authority steps closer to linking Oakland and Downtown, makes switch from Highmark to Aetna
- Film Office announces two Downtown road closures Monday