Newsmaker: Paula Sammarone Turocy
Paula Sammarone Turocy
Noteworthy: Received the Caruthers Service Award from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education in January.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Husband, Regis; daughters Kirsten and Lauren, son Regis.
Occupation: Associate professor and chair of athletic training at Duquesne University's Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Education: Doctorate in education from University of Virginia, 1994; master's in sports medicine from Michigan State University, 1984; bachelor's degree in athletic training and health and physical education from West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 1982.
Background: Member of the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Hall of Fame; listed in Who's Who in American Education, 1999-2008 and 1995.
Quote: “We were one of the first universities in the country to put athletic training in a school of health sciences (in 1992).”
— Thomas Olson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Court attire can have impact, Allegheny, Westmoreland public defenders say
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Man fatally shot in East Liberty; police investigating 2nd shooting
- Closures planned for Parkway West
- Homewood woman accused of card game stabbing
- Newsmaker: Katherine A. Davoli
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds
- Fireworks displays costly, but W. Pa. communities feel obligated
- Human-waste fertilizer aids farmers, worries some Ohio residents
- State trooper released after Ohio Township crash
- Pitt researchers using grant to find cures for viruses from mosquitoes