Newsmaker: Paula Sammarone Turocy
Paula Sammarone Turocy
Noteworthy: Received the Caruthers Service Award from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education in January.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Husband, Regis; daughters Kirsten and Lauren, son Regis.
Occupation: Associate professor and chair of athletic training at Duquesne University's Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Education: Doctorate in education from University of Virginia, 1994; master's in sports medicine from Michigan State University, 1984; bachelor's degree in athletic training and health and physical education from West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 1982.
Background: Member of the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Hall of Fame; listed in Who's Who in American Education, 1999-2008 and 1995.
Quote: “We were one of the first universities in the country to put athletic training in a school of health sciences (in 1992).”
— Thomas Olson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- Newsmaker: Terri Liberto
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Proposal to limit access divides Penn Hills, Homewood neighborhoods
- Steelers’ Bell waives pot hearing