Newsmaker: Paula Sammarone Turocy
Paula Sammarone Turocy
Noteworthy: Received the Caruthers Service Award from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education in January.
Residence: Bethel Park
Family: Husband, Regis; daughters Kirsten and Lauren, son Regis.
Occupation: Associate professor and chair of athletic training at Duquesne University's Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Education: Doctorate in education from University of Virginia, 1994; master's in sports medicine from Michigan State University, 1984; bachelor's degree in athletic training and health and physical education from West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 1982.
Background: Member of the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society Hall of Fame; listed in Who's Who in American Education, 1999-2008 and 1995.
Quote: “We were one of the first universities in the country to put athletic training in a school of health sciences (in 1992).”
— Thomas Olson
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Charge against ex-Steeler dropped after community service
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Overnight snow delaying schools in Western Pa.
- Police arrest man after high-speed chase to Downtown
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Medical examiner identifies man in Pleasant Hills police standoff as Justin Hay