Newsmaker: Helena Knorr
Noteworthy: Appointed director of the Global Entrepreneurship Program for Women in Latin America for the University of Salamanca in Spain
Residence: Regent Square
Occupation: Associate professor at Point Park University's School of Business
Background: She has worked for several years in Spain and the United States and serves as a reviewer and consulting editor for several peer-reviewed journals and professional organizations.
Education: Bachelor's degree, geography and history, Universidad del Pais Vasco; master's in adult education and human resources, University of Minnesota; doctorate in human resources, University of Minnesota
Quote: “I was born in Mozambique. My dad was from India; my mom was Basque. I feel like I have a responsibility of giving back.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Allegheny County loses population, Census figures indicate
- Ex-Gov. Ridge: Hacking group’s kill list only a scare tactic
- Man charged in child rape case from 2014 arrested again
- North Side blogger pushes herself for a cause
- Forest Hills picks new mayor for rest of year
- Pittsburgh police release photo of alleged cash snatcher
- Contraband found 3 times on fired Allegheny County jail psychiatrist
- Demolition of Brashear factory in Pittsburgh’s North Side uncovers time capsule
- $10M in Pittsburgh funds stay on hold until payroll management system is complete
- Historian McCullough: Hometown Pittsburgh ‘one of the best cities’
- 3 men held for trial in Homewood bar shooting death