Newsmaker: Helena Knorr
Noteworthy: Appointed director of the Global Entrepreneurship Program for Women in Latin America for the University of Salamanca in Spain
Residence: Regent Square
Occupation: Associate professor at Point Park University's School of Business
Background: She has worked for several years in Spain and the United States and serves as a reviewer and consulting editor for several peer-reviewed journals and professional organizations.
Education: Bachelor's degree, geography and history, Universidad del Pais Vasco; master's in adult education and human resources, University of Minnesota; doctorate in human resources, University of Minnesota
Quote: “I was born in Mozambique. My dad was from India; my mom was Basque. I feel like I have a responsibility of giving back.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion
- Allegheny County assistant public defender charged for allegedly lying to court staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Holocaust Center could be ready for move to Greenfield in June
- W.Va. natural gas line explodes near Ohio border
- Woman sought in ‘friendly fire’ fatal shooting in Brighton Heights
- Crews attempting to repair water main break in Brentwood
- Beaver Falls woman to trial on charges she stole police car while handcuffed
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- U.S. Marshals fugitive task force arrests man wanted in McKeesport homicide
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry