Heart attack cited in fatal Shaler crash
A Pittsburgh man had a heart attack either just before or as a result of a car wreck in Shaler, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office ruled Sunday.
Nicholas Dutkowsky, 90, died from cardiac arrest about the same time as the crash along Vilsack Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. He also received injuries to his torso in the crash.
Although the heart attack was ruled the cause of Dutkowsky's accidental death, the Medical Examiner's office could not say whether that was the cause of the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shooting that killed Winchester Thurston grad surprised witnesses
- Killings of police officers leave departments on edge
- Food assistance rises in Western Pa. despite drop in jobless rate
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Pope Francis calls for abortion mercy
- Judge allows conspiracy lawsuit against UPMC, Highmark to proceed
- Port Authority’s plan for car-free communities slow to bear fruit
- Civil War vet gets 21-gun salute
- Pittsburgh councilwoman introduces pair of bills to protect animals
- Solarize Allegheny powers up with more communities
- Board members bring business attitude to nonprofit August Wilson