Heart attack cited in fatal Shaler crash
A Pittsburgh man had a heart attack either just before or as a result of a car wreck in Shaler, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office ruled Sunday.
Nicholas Dutkowsky, 90, died from cardiac arrest about the same time as the crash along Vilsack Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. He also received injuries to his torso in the crash.
Although the heart attack was ruled the cause of Dutkowsky's accidental death, the Medical Examiner's office could not say whether that was the cause of the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ground broken for fourth building at Pittsburgh International Business Park
- Photos offer clue to assailant in fatal North Side Pittsburgh stabbling
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Pirates bow out of postseason in quiet fashion
- Newsmaker: Taris Vrcek
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- First overnight closure of the Parkway West begins Thursday
- Hotel still a possibility for August Wilson Center
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Controller recommends hiring to reduce 911 center overtime