Heart attack cited in fatal Shaler crash
A Pittsburgh man had a heart attack either just before or as a result of a car wreck in Shaler, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office ruled Sunday.
Nicholas Dutkowsky, 90, died from cardiac arrest about the same time as the crash along Vilsack Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. He also received injuries to his torso in the crash.
Although the heart attack was ruled the cause of Dutkowsky's accidental death, the Medical Examiner's office could not say whether that was the cause of the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure up
- Pittsburgh police find missing 75-year-old man
- Pittsburgh man going to prison for fatally stabbing girlfriend’s son with butcher knife
- Teen missing for a week found safe by Pittsburgh missing persons unit
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- American Airlines manager arrested in Pittsburgh on sex crimes charges
- Security cameras, more police planned at Monroeville Mall
- Duquesne man arrested again for Megan’s Law violations
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park
- South Side zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy