Heart attack cited in fatal Shaler crash
A Pittsburgh man had a heart attack either just before or as a result of a car wreck in Shaler, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office ruled Sunday.
Nicholas Dutkowsky, 90, died from cardiac arrest about the same time as the crash along Vilsack Road at 9 a.m. Saturday. He also received injuries to his torso in the crash.
Although the heart attack was ruled the cause of Dutkowsky's accidental death, the Medical Examiner's office could not say whether that was the cause of the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- 3 arrested in connection with slaying of teenager in Knoxville
- Ingram woman accused of bilking her 80-year-old mother
- $9M sought to finish turning Penn Circle in Pittsburgh to two-way streets
- Plum school board asks why tip line was removed from student handbook
- Friends say Baldwin Borough couple in murder-suicide was depressed
- $11M gift from Hillman to help CMU attract faculty, support students
- Authorities identify McKeesport man whose body was found in Yough River
- Shell, Center water authority reach agreement on relocating water source
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs