Parkway West work scheduled near Carnegie
Overnight work to inspect bridges, overpasses and overhead signs along the Parkway West are scheduled for early this week, weather permitting, PennDOT officials said.
Possible lane closures and traffic shifts were scheduled for 10 p.m. to 5 am. Monday in the outbound lanes from the Parkway Center off ramp to the Carnegie interchange; and Tuesday night in the inbound lanes between the Carnegie and Green Tree interchanges.
Crews from HDR Engineering and the Sofis Co. will conduct the inspections.
Drivers are advised to slow down and use caution in the work areas.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- News Alert
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- WVU frat brothers charged with hazing pledges
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing
- Military equipment for police officers fuels debate on use of force
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation
- 2 teenagers shot dead in Sheraden; man critically injured
- County pays to settle lawsuit arising from prison sex assault by jail guard